Menu

Moon Sand

I am sure Moon Sand is a wonderful modeling toy, BUT, it's a MESS! I guess I somehow missed the "Sand" part of the name, but I recommend that you do not get it for your children unless they are old enough to really clean up behind themselves...teenagers maybe? :001_smile: I swept the floor about 3 times cleaning up the debris so my 4 yo (who was being careful) didn't run out, and then vacuumed (sp) twice. And that was on hardwoods. Fair warning...it's like bringing beach sand in your house and letting your kid play with it! :001_smile:

LOL! My mom bought Moon Dough and Moon Sand for my kids, and they love it. It is messy, but so easy to clean up. I just have them play with it in the kitchen and then I just sweep up or vacuum any that gets on the floor. They did get some on the carpet, once, and it vacuumed up easily... no big deal. At least it doesn't stick like playdough.

I say let the kiddies have fun! :tongue_smilie:

I am sure Moon Sand is a wonderful modeling toy, BUT, it's a MESS! I guess I somehow missed the "Sand" part of the name, but I recommend that you do not get it for your children unless they are old enough to really clean up behind themselves...teenagers maybe? :001_smile: I swept the floor about 3 times cleaning up the debris so my 4 yo (who was being careful) didn't run out, and then vacuumed (sp) twice. And that was on hardwoods. Fair warning...it's like bringing beach sand in your house and letting your kid play with it! :001_smile:

Agree. Our moon sand only gets played with outside. Even then, I hate getting it out. That's one of the few reasons I'm glad it's cold outside right now. The moon sand won't come out until late spring. :001_smile: