Menu

My Christmas gift for teenaged nephew...

My nephew is 15. I don't see him often, so asked my sister (his mom) what he might like for Christmas. She didn't know, and asked him. He didn't know, then said "I dunno...money?" That's fine with me. I'd rather not spend money on something that he doesn't want. Since he's taking the fun of shopping away from me, however, I need to have fun somehow. We got together with them this past Saturday. I think that he still likes me...

http://thebugslife.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-happens-when-you-tell-me-that-you.html

My sister thought it was great. In fact, his present from them is a box with a heavy bag full of pennies in one side and a note in the other side saying "You didn't think it would be THIS easy, did you? Go to the mailbox." :lol: Once there, he'll find a note directing him to the cemetery at the end of their road which will have a clue leading him back to their house to a present under the tree that has someone else's name on it, but with his gift inside. She promised to let me know how it goes.

What fun ideas you and your sister have! Way more creative than a twenty dollar bill in a card. I'm sure he'll have fun w/both.

When my nephew graduated high school, I froze various coins and bills in a loaf pan. On the day of the party, I put the block of "cold cash" into a lunchbox-type cooler bag and gave that to him. He thought it was really fun.

I think I got the idea here, but can't remember from whom.

My nephew is 15. I don't see him often, so asked my sister (his mom) what he might like for Christmas. She didn't know, and asked him. He didn't know, then said "I dunno...money?" That's fine with me. I'd rather not spend money on something that he doesn't want. Since he's taking the fun of shopping away from me, however, I need to have fun somehow. We got together with them this past Saturday. I think that he still likes me...

http://thebugslife.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-happens-when-you-tell-me-that-you.html

My sister thought it was great. In fact, his present from them is a box with a heavy bag full of pennies in one side and a note in the other side saying "You didn't think it would be THIS easy, did you? Go to the mailbox." :lol: Once there, he'll find a note directing him to the cemetery at the end of their road which will have a clue leading him back to their house to a present under the tree that has someone else's name on it, but with his gift inside. She promised to let me know how it goes.

Terri, YOU ROCK!!! :thumbup:

They loved it.

It was actually money from my dh's grandmother. She sent me money to give them gifts from. I didn't want to get them gift cards and I'd already gotten them everything that was that amount or less from their wish lists.

They were impressed that their great-grandmother was able to roll up the money tightly enough to fit it into the straws. They were also impressed that she knew their favorite candies.

It took me about an hour to do all the rolling.