Menu

Quick question about Oak Meadow 5 Science...

happyvegan

How soon will I need a microscope for the Science portion of OM 5? I ask because we intend to get one for DS but with the holidays and purchasing the curriculum itself, it would be GREAT if we could wait until tax return time (say, the first or 2nd week of Feb) to purchase the microscope. I looked at the OM sample of grade 5 and it looked like I will need it for Lesson (week) 4, so if I start the lessons at the beginning of January, I could stretch it out so that we have a microscope by lesson 4. But if we need it before then, it'll mean some financial juggling. Also, if you have used OM Science, what type of microscope is used? The website doesn't have any info, and I don't want to spend more than will be needed the next couple of years as we have a baby on the way right now so finances are tight at the moment. I'm okay with buying a nicer microscope 2 years down the road, I just need to get going with this year's homeschooling asap!