Menu

Come see our line-up for the 2011 school year

Sahamamama

We finished Kindergarten last week. :thumbup1: We'll be starting in January 2011 with one First Grader and two preschoolers (twins). Here's our line-up:

First Grader -- will turn 6 in February

Math Mammoth Blue 1

Kumon Math

Story Time Treasures & More Story Time Treasures (finished OPG)

Guided Reading & Independent Reading

FLL 2 (grammar/mechanics only)

WWE 1

ZB Cursive

AAS 1 (& possibly 2)

Memory Work

Preschoolers -- will turn 4 in January

Evan Moor Math K

OPG Phonics

Beehive Readers

FLL 1 (oral lessons; e.g., birthday, address, phone number, family names)

Evan Moor Spelling K

ZB Printing

Memory Work

Together

Read Alouds -- Fairy & Folk Tales; Poetry; Picture Books; Chapter Books; Audiobooks

Geography -- Around the World + Beginning Map Skills

Bible -- Betty Lukens Bible Stories in Felt + Leading Little Ones to God + Character Building for Children

Girls' Club & Music -- Girls' Club for Doctrine + Sing the Word Scripture Memory Songs

Science (quarterly units) -- Human Body; Nature Study; Plants & Gardening; Ecology/Biomes

Handicrafts -- burlap embroidery; sew bean bags; sew sock dolls & doll clothes; make Christmas gifts & ornaments

Art -- coloring, painting, playing with clay & play dough, here's-some-tape-and-paper-what-will-you-do-with-it? :)

Edited by Sahamamama

This sounds wonderful! I always wanted to get that Betty Lukens felt bible set for my kids and haven't (yet!) I will have to consider that for my younger 3 at some point. I'm impressed with what you are taking on with your 4 year olds, my youngest son is 4 and he isn't ready for a lot other than true preschoolish type stuff. Enjoy your year!

This sounds wonderful! I always wanted to get that Betty Lukens felt bible set for my kids and haven't (yet!) I will have to consider that for my younger 3 at some point. I'm impressed with what you are taking on with your 4 year olds, my youngest son is 4 and he isn't ready for a lot other than true preschoolish type stuff. Enjoy your year!

You might want to get an early start on it, LOL! We bought it two years ago, and I just finished cutting it all out! :lol:

As for the twins, they get miffed at me if I don't "do school" with them, too. I mean, they are a force to be reckoned with, you just can't imagine how persuasive twins can be.... And they are girls, born to color, read, and write. LOL! I think they came out of the womb holding packs of Crayola crayons.

Emmy, I just noticed your sig line! You just wait, your day is coming! LOL! My twins were wonderfully sweet and manageable. Then they turned two years, three months. And life has never really been the same since. Talk about personalities. Sheesh. I remember your girls being born last December. One year old, congratulations! You have time... ha ha ha ha ha. Not much, but you have some time.

I am seriously trying to imagine your day... four boys... twin girls. Wow. I feel tired now. Thanks for posting, busy Mommy. :)

Edited by Sahamamama
Oh, Emmy, I just noticed.... your sig line! ROFL!

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, I could only wish! That looks like my dream schedule of curriculum! My kids are roughly the same ages/grade levels, but they would never sit still to complete that much school (as much as I love your selections and think they are great). Enjoy the start of your year!

The twins BEG to do some school work, but I think they love attention from me and they love to learn. And my oldest is like a dream student... just so sweet and funny. But these kids have PLENTY of time to play. We just try to balance it all out and make life full and rich, KWIM?