Menu

Liping Ma Book Club

Homeschooling6

Hi :D

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading through Liping Ma's book starting in January. I could make a Social Group. Maybe go by chapters. One could read ahead of course but we can have weekly chapter discussions.

Would anyone like to join me :001_smile: if you've read the book or this will be your first time (like me) the more the merrier ;).

Edited by Homeschooling6

I'm in! I feel like I'm in way over my head with this book but I love the challenge. I just started reading it on the weekend and I'm going to have to slow it down to let it all process. A book club would be awesome for accountability and deeper understanding!! Wahoo!

We are using MM exclusively right now (with a little Right Start on the side as needed). I'm very happy with that and both of the boys enjoy it. We have a math groove that works . . . finally. :D

Hi :D

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading through Liping Ma's book starting in January. I could make a Social Group. Maybe go by chapters. One could read ahead of course but we can have weekly chapter discussions.

Would anyone like to join me :001_smile: if you've read the book or this will be your first time (like me) the more the merrier ;).

Maybe. :D

I like the idea of reading the whole thing instead of the reading here and there that I have been doing....then there is the actually doing it. :smilielol5: Ok I am a little stressed about getting hs stuff scheduled this morning, can you tell?

Heather

I did think about reading this book. Maybe doing something like this will motivate me. What do I need to do? I know I need to get the book first.:lol:

Anyone know where I can get it for a good deal? Where are you doing the social club?

Blessings,

Karen

www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

Karen, I purchased my book at Amazon. I haven't done a search to see if one can get it cheaper. Amazon has free shipping.

As soon as I get the Social Group up, I'll leave a post here.

I started reading it, but my pregnant brain couldn't wrap itself around more than Chapter 2 :tongue_smilie: I want to read it again. Problem is, I'll be 8-9 months pregnant in January :001_huh: Soooooo... I'll be reading what you gals have to say, and plan on reading it after baby is born. Nursing time used to be reading time. Let's see.

It sounds fabulous. I'm not sure that I will have time for it or not, but we'll see. I'd love to have the time for it, but any sort of commitment right now makes my head spin. :)

:iagree:

Glad it's low stress though-I will join. I LOVE the idea of discussing this book chapter by chapter, great idea, thanks!