Menu

Wii

I'm still thinking about buying one used--can you tell me what's supposed to be included in the base model? I know it's supposed to have the console, but...that's it.

And I'm looking at Craig's List, but I'd buy from you guys, too, if anyone has one sitting around. :001_huh: (For about $100.)

TIA!

Originally the sets came with the Wii Console, One Wiimote and the Wii Sports game. The newer systems come with the Console, 1 Wiimote with the motion plus, Wii sports and Wii resort games.

ETA, yes as the poster below me said there should be a Wii sensor bar that sits just below or above your TV (this is what picks up the signal from the Wiimotes)

Edited by nukeswife

I believe we got the console, some kind of Wi Fi antenna (it's called a sensor bar), power cords, cable connector cord to connect to the TV, one Wii mote, one nunchuck and one game in the original box.

:iagree:Yes, that's exactly what we got as well. Good luck finding one. They're SO MUCH FUN!!!!

With the current pricing at the stores, it's not worth buying a used Wii off of Craigslist for $100, unless it comes with several games and extra Wii-motes.

GameStop is selling refurbished Wii consoles for $99.99. It doesn't come with Wii Sports, but that's not a huge loss -- and at least if the GameStop console doesn't work, you can return it to the store.

Check out the new Wii bundles before you buy a used console, though, as if you want the games in the bundles, they are usually a better buy. If you won't use the bundled games, go with the used console and buy the games you want separately. (And if you buy used games at GameStop, you can return them within 7 days if you don't like them.)

Cat

With the current pricing at the stores, it's not worth buying a used Wii off of Craigslist for $100, unless it comes with several games and extra Wii-motes.

GameStop is selling refurbished Wii consoles for $99.99. It doesn't come with Wii Sports, but that's not a huge loss -- and at least if the GameStop console doesn't work, you can return it to the store.

Oh, that's great to know--I hadn't found such a good deal!

Check out the new Wii bundles before you buy a used console, though, as if you want the games in the bundles, they are usually a better buy. If you won't use the bundled games, go with the used console and buy the games you want separately. (And if you buy used games at GameStop, you can return them within 7 days if you don't like them.)

Cat

I would, but $100 is really more than I can afford, & I'm going back & forth feeling really guilty about spending that much. :001_smile:

Shoot. They're sold out for the entire metroplex. I wish I'd asked y'all sooner! :001_smile:

Shoot. They're sold out for the entire metroplex. I wish I'd asked y'all sooner! :001_smile:

Ok, I found one store that must be outside of "the area"--but the guy says the sale ended yesterday. Today they're $120. :glare:

GAH! Why didn't I ask you guys sooner? :lol:

Cat

I would shop around your local stores. The Wiis have been onsale for $100 new and there have been some good specials on bundles too.

I would, but $100 is really more than I can afford, & I'm going back & forth feeling really guilty about spending that much. :001_smile:

Honestly, in that case, I'd probably skip it for this year. We like our Wii, but the fun is really limited if you don't have at least a couple of extra games to go with it. Especially for kids.

Honestly, in that case, I'd probably skip it for this year. We like our Wii, but the fun is really limited if you don't have at least a couple of extra games to go with it. Especially for kids.

Yeah, I ordered something else for dh today--something *much* cheaper & less fun, but I think he'll love it. (Esp since he doesn't know I was even thinking about a wii.) :D

Fwiw, this was mainly for dh & me. And he & ds have Jan birthdays, so I wasn't worried about needing to add on soon.