Menu

Anyone else concerned about North Korea?

I realize the tension is always there between North and South Korea but obviously lately things have escalated to a frightening degree.

My biggest concern is the threat of nukes. If N. Korea decides to follow through on some of their threats, what would China do? We would be pulled into defend South Korea and then are we talking WWIII? Thoughts? :scared:

I realize the tension is always there between North and South Korea but obviously lately things have escalated to a frightening degree.

My biggest concern is the threat of nukes. If N. Korea decides to follow through on some of their threats, what would China do? We would be pulled into defend South Korea and then are we talking WWIII? Thoughts? :scared:

All valid concerns. It could happen. But at this time of the year I prefer not to think about it. I was upset at this last overt act of aggression. It seems like we cannot blink fast enough and another hotspot is about to erupt.

Yes.

But the Chinese are getting tired of N.Korea's antics. According to the latest Time Magazine, the latest Wikileaks documents reveal that "China is willing to contemplate unification of the peninsula under the leadership of the South Korean government in Seoul."

If there is another Korean War, I don't see China on N. Korea's side.

It looks like North Korea has been itching to start a war for some time, and South Korea has acted wimpy and weak. I wonder if they are going to call NK's bluff?

I don't like the thought of another war either, especially with nukes. Another war, the world does NOT need. China and Russia are buddies with North Korea, if I have that right. Japan feels threatened by China's military build-up and so they are building up their own defenses. Then there is the USA. We are allies of South Korea.

Is North Korea just a big "stupid" bully who needs to be stood up to? Or are they as dangerious and wreckless as they appear to be? How long can South Korea just sit back and allow North Korea to attack their citizens?

I don't know. But I'm with you. I DON'T LIKE IT!

I think a bigger concern would be the after affects. North Korea is SOOOO backwards that re-introducing them to society could be quite the task. I imagine it would a heck of a lot more difficult that the fall of the Iron Curtain ever was with the brain washing and indoctrination. Korea is very dear to me, having lived there for a couple of years. It's where my son considers "home" and the thought of war is . .. unthinkable. I keep watching the news to see if there are any updates or breaking news since it's day here.