Menu

I am standing on a stool, MEOWING

Shudder....I hope you get the critter (s) asap. Don't turn the lights off or the horrible creatures will come out.

We had one in the garage...I purchased the following arsenal. TomTom glue traps pre-bated with peanuts, snap-traps bated with cheese smeared in peanut butter, and POISON for them to take back to their nes,t and kill/dehydrate them all. (They wont stink if you use DECON) Dh is responsible for all set up and disposal and I insist he must wear gloves:tongue_smilie:.

We tried all the traps glue and non. We tried poison. Nothing worked to get rid of th mice till we bought these:http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xjq/R-202366471/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 They are very humane they don't hurt the dog's ears. We haven't seen a mouse in 2 years.

I keep reminding myself that most snakes here are not poisonous and are beneficial to the environment. We've had one snake get in, but it disappeared. Since it was summer and no one has seen it, I think it went back outside.

Where you live, if I'm not mistaken, there are lots of poisonous snakes. I'd be screaming my head off, too.

At the time, we lived near Atlanta... and yes, it was a copperhead. A baby one, who I was just sure had to have a mama near by. Mama was never found.... I had the house inspected by an exterminator the next day.

Be glad it was at your desk..... Sewer workers had opened up the main and done some work. that night in the toilet was what I thought was some ...uhm " leftover remains" Until it turned and revealed two beady eyes and a rat nose and then the SECOND ONE turned and revealed two beady eyes and a rat nose! The scream was deafening.

the city maintenance people got an earful on the emergency number. He proudly declared he didn't have rats in his sewer and perhaps they climbed in?? I think my voice rose another octave as i demanded why the hell a rat would climb in a toilet ? DO they drink from it like the dog?? Need a bath??? They were out at the crack of dawn flushing the whole downtown area's system.

I think they still laugh about the lady and her toilet rats.:tongue_smilie:

I still can't use the bathroom without lights and a toilet check.:001_huh::D and yes we keep the lids down at all times. Only recently did the toilet locks come off.

Be glad it was at your desk..... Sewer workers had opened up the main and done some work. that night in the toilet was what I thought was some ...uhm " leftover remains" Until it turned and revealed two beady eyes and a rat nose and then the SECOND ONE turned and revealed two beady eyes and a rat nose! The scream was deafening.

the city maintenance people got an earful on the emergency number. He proudly declared he didn't have rats in his sewer and perhaps they climbed in?? I think my voice rose another octave as i demanded why the hell a rat would climb in a toilet ? DO they drink from it like the dog?? Need a bath??? They were out at the crack of dawn flushing the whole downtown area's system.

I think they still laugh about the lady and her toilet rats.:tongue_smilie:

I still can't use the bathroom without lights and a toilet check.:001_huh::D and yes we keep the lids down at all times. Only recently did the toilet locks come off.

:svengo:

I worked 3-11 as an RN. One night I arrived home around 12 and I was getting a drink at the kitchen sink when a rat fell thru the ceiling tile and landed in the sink RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I screamed so loud they heard me in next week!

It was an 18th C locktender's house on the PA canal system...charming, but also infested with spiders and mice - after the rat fell I called a realtor and we moved later that year. I just couldn't handle it any longer!

I'm a country girl and I'm not too scared of these critters but it was unusual if I didn't see one in a trap every day or so and that was just too much for me, adorable historic house and all I just plain gave up.

Good Luck!

Michele

I'm going to town tomorrow, so I'll get some mouse traps. Someone else will have to deal with them. I am afraid of all rodents, all insects, all reptiles, and all corpses.

No one told me when we moved to the country that there would be wild animals in the house! This includes snakes and insects. Pennsylvania is a hotbed of animalian terrorists.

DD is allergic to cats, or I'd get a whole herd of them in here. My sister has 11, as a direct result of feeding a pregnant stray. None of them like people (except my sister), but I bet they'd like mice. And my sister sure would like to get rid of all those cats.

:lol:

Yes. It's killing my back to lean over to type. I am wearing shoes in case it leaps onto my feet. I have two sons who are old enough to know better, but are laughing at me every time I hear a noise. One of them thinks I am insane. I told him that is hereditary. The other one suggested we get snakes to take care of the problem. Ha. Ha. Ha. Then he said if I just resume my regular activities, I will soon discover that mice are harmless and Nice. Fat chance. I am guarding the doorway. If it gets into the rest of the house, we are doomed.

I would leave. But there is no point. The males in this house are Total Failures. They seem to Like Mice. All they do is laugh, and ask dumb questions, like "Why is your mother screaming? Is everything all right down there?"

Now I ask you, do people usually scream when everything is All Right? Especially when the Only Time I Scream is when there is a Mouse, Dead or Alive?

Besides which, I don't just sit here and decide to scream. I have more dignity than that. It is totally involuntary.

:lol:

Snap traps baited with jujubes. I was put on to that one by a building super, and they work like a charm.

As long as you have someone else to get rid of the darn trap, of course. *shudder*

You haven't lived until you've had bats in the toilet. And chipmunks in the dryer.

:lol: That sounds like a bad country western song!

DD is allergic to cats. Otherwise, I'd get some from the farm across the street. They must not spay and neuter their cats, because they have an abundance of them.

Well, there's your problem. The cats across the street are chasing all the mice away from their place . . . right to yours! :tongue_smilie:

My friend's sister's dog was barking in the middle of the night. The sister got up to check and see why. The dog was in the bathroom barking, and the sister found her kid's hamster in the toilet. She got the hamster out and dried it off, and went to put it back in the cage. After she put it in the cage, she realized the hamster was still in the cage. She had rescued and dried off a wild mouse :lol:!

Oh, oh, yuck. This makes me cringe! (I'm afraid of hamsters, too. We don't have one, but if I was alone and it was in the toilet, heck, I'd have to find a gallon jug with straight sides to scoop it out ... so it can't crawl up the sides and get me.)

I wouldn't want to feel guilty about letting it drown. But ... if I were a guilt-free individual, I'd just go buy another one that looked just like it (assuming it belonged to my kids), and let it drown.

Edited by RoughCollie

We tried all the traps glue and non. We tried poison. Nothing worked to get rid of th mice till we bought these:http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xjq/R-202366471/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 They are very humane they don't hurt the dog's ears. We haven't seen a mouse in 2 years.

Now I know what I want for Christmas! Thanks! They come 3 in a pack, so I can just carry one around in my pocket so I'll be prepared for emergencies no matter which room I'm in.

At the time, we lived near Atlanta... and yes, it was a copperhead. A baby one, who I was just sure had to have a mama near by. Mama was never found.... I had the house inspected by an exterminator the next day.

Cottonmouths and other dangerous snakes are what keep me from wanting to move back to Atlanta. According to my mother, they have lizards there now, too. Her yard has a lot of them.

I still can't use the bathroom without lights and a toilet check.

That is a True Horror Story!

After reading various posts here about snakes in toilets, I always check ... so far, so good. Rats...shivers are going up and down my Entire body. I tell you what, I am never going to try to get on that t.v. show where they take a bunch of people to some uncivilized place and turn them loose -- the one where the winner gets $1 million. The others would probably keep me on the island (or whatever) until near the bitter end, just to torture me.

You haven't lived until you've had bats in the toilet. And chipmunks in the dryer.

Chipmunks don't scare me. We had them in the house, and I thought they were cute. I also had a pet shrew once ... he came in every night, stayed a couple of hours, and then left. I finally fixed the hole through which he entered when he didn't come back. Of course, the chipmunks didn't come near me, and neither did the shrew. The dog used to watch them with avid interest, from the couch -- like they were a t.v. show.

A long time ago, National Geographic had a picture of a bat's face on its cover. I remember that issue because I stared at that cover for several minutes for weeks, trying to get over a picture giving me the creeps. It didn't work.

When we first moved into this house out here in Critter County, Virginia, we were welcomed by friendly mice who ate my Lindt truffles and took naps on the blouses in my closet, and laughed and skittered across my clothes every time I opened the closet door.

They're mostly gone now (along with the gnats, btw), but this morning we did wake up to the fragrant realization one must have perished behind a wall or in a drain. Only a plumber or a cat with a death wish can help us now.

Just feeling a bit of your pain. Especially since I was the one up in the middle of the night trembling and Googling about catching mice, while my brave, dragon-hunting dh snored.

Cottonmouths and other dangerous snakes are what keep me from wanting to move back to Atlanta. According to my mother, they have lizards there now, too. Her yard has a lot of them.

If it helps, I only saw two in the 16 years we lived there.We had lizards, but not a ton of them. They were little and not bothersome. I miss being able to walk to so many places (paths) and the warmer winter but I doubt I'll ever get to go back to live.

:ack2:

My friend's sister's dog was barking in the middle of the night. The sister got up to check and see why. The dog was in the bathroom barking, and the sister found her kid's hamster in the toilet. She got the hamster out and dried it off, and went to put it back in the cage. After she put it in the cage, she realized the hamster was still in the cage. She had rescued and dried off a wild mouse :lol:!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cat

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I pride myself on not being squeamish, but that would have done me in. :ack2:

Cat

If they get past the outdoor/barn cats (allergic ds here), we use snap-traps baited with peanut butter. I say we, but I really mean my dh.

Our dog caught/killed one in our bedroom a few weeks ago!

We once had one running around the living room while we were sitting on the couch watching television. The cute little bugger climbed right up the TV stand and sat on the shelf next to the VCR watching US!

We caught one last winter that had built a nest for itself inside our electric stove. I heard a funny noise coming from the stove late one night when I was up with ds, so we crept over and lifted the stove-top. Sure enough, there was a fat mouse staring back at us from his pilfered nest!

But, but, but... the lizards eat the SPIDERS!!!

Spiders are the least of my worries. I'm not afraid of them ... except for my son's now-deceased tarantula, which I bought him for his birthday one year. He was sure surprised by that! Oh, and I don't like scorpions either, just in case they are a type of spider.

Hahahaha....enjoyed the visual OP:). I wouldhave reacted them same way. Just last night I told dh I smelled something coming from the heating vent. He didn't smell it, but I made him check it out. Yup, dead mouse all cozy in a giant nest he made. So absolutely disgusting.

Just last night I told dh I smelled something coming from the heating vent. He didn't smell it, but I made him check it out. Yup, dead mouse all cozy in a giant nest he made. So absolutely disgusting.

Just loud. If we don't poison them, they run about in the attic above our bed and I can't sleep. At least it's better than the year when we had a stoat chasing mice around the attic. I must say the stoat was very sweet though: he used to dance around on the lawn, just like

Laura

Just loud. If we don't poison them, they run about in the attic above our bed and I can't sleep. At least it's better than the year when we had a stoat chasing mice around the attic. I must say the stoat was very sweet though: he used to dance around on the lawn, just like

Laura

Hahaha!!! That is the craziest animal I have ever seen!!! His hyperactivity parallels that of my son's:)