Menu

Calling all concussion experience -

Honestly, I wouldn't wait. I would take him to urgent care, they might want to do a cat scan.

My dh fell and had a concussion last year. It knocked him out and he was transported via ambulance (he was in a convenience store). He had headaches and wasn't quite himself for at least two months. They did a cat scan when he was in the hospital to insure he didn't have a fracture or an internal bleeding.

I agree, please dont wait. I was relieved to see your update at the bottom but I think you shouldnt wait till Tuesday, especially with a child that is still dizzy. I had a concussion and sometimes they can get worse before they get better. Kinda like when you get hurt, the next day stinks but the 3rd day is the worst, if there is any swelling in there its best to find it earlier. Hope that helps. Will be praying for you. If you dont go in until Tuesday, just watch him really really close...I wouldnt even let him sleep for an hour at a time, more like 30 mins.

Colleen

My ds was elbowed in the head during a basketball game. He had blurred vision and dizziness, He did go to the ER, but they didn't do anything. He had a headache for a few days.

Dh had some large beams fall on his head from about 14 feet up 5 years ago. It knocked him out and they called 911. He came to a couple of minutes later, refused transport:glare:, and went to an urgent care to get stitches in his head. He suffered headaches for about two weeks after that.

I appreciate you guys asking. He's doing much better today and says his head only hurts a little bit. I will call his doctor tomorrow if he's still has any symptoms. We'll continue to wake him up tonight.

Glad to hear it. Please check if you give him anything for the headache. I can't remember which it is, ibuprofen or Tylenol, you're not supposed to give after a head injury.

I wouldn't wait at all with something like that, just for future reference. It reminded me of what happened to Natasha Richardson.

On 16 March 2009, Richardson sustained a head injury when she fell while taking a skiing lesson at the Mont Tremblant Resort in Quebec, about 130 kilometres (81 mi) from Montreal. The injury was followed by a lucid interval, when Richardson seemed to be fine and was able to talk and act normally. Paramedics and an ambulance which initially responded to the accident were told they were not needed and left.[18] Refusing medical attention, she returned to her hotel room and about three hours later was taken to a local hospital in Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts after complaining of a headache. She was transferred from there by ambulance to Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur, Montreal, in critical condition and was admitted about seven hours after the fall.[19][20] The following day she was flown to Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, where she died on 18 March.[1] An autopsy conducted by the New York City Medical Examiners Office on 19 March revealed the cause of death was an "epidural hematoma due to blunt impact to the head", and her death was ruled an accident