Menu

What are your best Lego resources?

peacefully

I really like the DK Brickmaster books/sets-they're nice and easy to follow, plus include some pieces that aren't in any but the super-expensive big sets.

There's also a new Lego Club Education magazine coming out, but only in class sets. Since I was already listed as a teacher, I subscribed for our homeschool group. http://aux.legoeducation.us/Forms/LEGOMagazineRequest.aspx

Edited by Dmmetler2

My son absolutely LOVED this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0756672813?ie=UTF8&tag=whispesprin0e-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0756672813

He got it when he was 5 and he could follow the instructions and put them together for the most part. The thing that I love about the brickmaster sets is that they are small and manageable and he didn't look at it and become instantly overwhelmed like some of the other sets. It has really inspired him to work on learning how to build the models instead of asking Daddy to do it for him.

One of our all time favorite kits is Lego Crazy Action Contraptions. It is geared for kids age 7 and up. The instruction book is durable and easy to follow. It contains 16 projects, many of which include gears & levers. The book has instructions on how to make a real working hand mixer, a couple of fun dice-type games, a couple of cool vehicles and a grabbing claw. Fun stuff!

For a 6yr old boy, I'd look at LEGO Education. They have some nice albeit expensive kits. The LEGO Engineering kits are very good...levels, pulleys, gears. I'm blanking on the names b/c LEGO has been changing the names of the kits. If you search my username and LEGO you should come up w/ old posts of mine. I think I own about 4 LEGO Education science kits. Some of the science kits use many of the LEGO TEchnic parts.