Menu

Fun Writing for 4-6 grade

I'm wondering if there is a fun writing program for about the 4-6 grade age range. I have Writing Strands 3 but it looks like it's for kids allergic to writing.

My son has lots of stories, and even essays in his head bs no lack of creativity. I write well and have no problem teaching it. Rather than break everything down into minuscule pieces, we need excitement and ideas and assignments.

I was excited about the Write Stuff Adventure but it's meant for much older kids and I'd rather use it in about 6-7th grade and get the most out of it.

Ideas?

If all you need is ideas, I'd look for a writing prompts book. Lots of teachers calendars include those.

We used poetry writing in third grade; WordSmith Apprentice in fourth grade; literature studies the last couple of years (which included writing prompts); and we also did quite a bit of lapbooking while we were doing Medievel studies, which gave him the chance to write lots of smaller tidbits (paragraphs).