Menu

What do I need for CLE reading?

athena1277

The answers are in the Teacher's Guide, and the TGs are cheaper than the answer keys.

The tests are in the light units themselves, and extra unit tests are in the TGs.

I'm using CLE 100 right now, and got the LUs, the TG, and the reader itself. I'm sure you could get away with not having the TG, but I prefer to have it.

I do not need the TM or keays until the 4th grade program. Then my kids are pretty independent and I just have to check work, not go through each lesson with them. You do not need the extra worksheets or quizzes. Those are for classroom use and overkill imo. I do not have my younger than 4th graders do all of the writing. we do most of the workbook lessons orally.

HTH

Faithe

For LA 1 and Learning to Read, I've found the tm to be helpful. Yes, the answers are in the tm. For LA2, 3 and reading 2 and 3, I don't use either. I can easily mark the work without the tm. For my guys, I don't have to deal with extra tests or worksheets either. We're currently going through RTL 1 and I don't think I've cracked the TM yet. Good thing it was gifted to us.

For the older grades, the answer keys have been helpful, either so I can mark quicker, or so they can mark their own work. I've never bothered with the tm for the older grades.