Jump to content


HELP!! We can't figure out which editing symbol to use in EIC


Recommended Posts

In the beginner book they want you to choose from 4 symbols to do all of your editing, (crossing out, circling, drawing 3 lines, using a caret mark).

We can't figure out which symbol to use when correcting words such as: sticked to stuck, she to her, or fast to faster.

Do we use the crossing out symbol, or the circling? My daughter has been crossing out these types of errors, but there is a little nagging doubt in the back of our minds.. is this correct?

Thank you for any help :001_smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I teach/use editing symbols, crossing out is for deleting or changing and circling is for calling attention to an issue. So words that are spelled incorrectly are circled, because I do not provide the correct word. In cases where I am writing in the word to use instead, as in the examples you gave, I cross out. Although for faster, I would probably use a caret and add an 'er'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...