Menu

I WAS going to wait til next month, but these are too good not to share now :D

My favourite:

I completely agree with you. Our core curriculum is Sonlight and unfortunately, I think if my kids saw a standardized test... I'm afraid they would read it, discuss it, make a painting of it, create several lapbooks, write a haiku poem about it and create their own Snap Circuit lesson where the musical doorbell sings about it. Our school district would think we were insane.

:glare:

We're so weird.

I can't believe I was quoted or that I missed some of these as much as I've been on here lately! The only reason I knew about this thread is bc someone in another thread mentioned it!

Now I'm curious as to the tampon reference on a subject of sex Ed for boys?!....

Did you manage to find out? lol.

Hey, I made the list! Although I'm not the person who wrote the above... I totally missed the original. Where was that posted????

I guess I should come up with how my dad explained money to me...

It was in a thread called "The Cosby Show- Any Warnings?" You can search The Cosby Show and find it, it was just asking if there was any reason it wouldn't be okay for kids to watch.

:lol:Good stuff! Thanks for compiling this! Do you plan on doing this regularly? It helps us keep things in perspective, imho.

I will try! :)

I'm laughing so hard, I'm weeping! I haven't been on much lately either, so this was the perfect summary. I think this concept is going to give those channeling Doran a run for their money! (Sorry, Doran, if you're peeking in! We miss you too!)

You know, I've seen references on this board to "channeling Doran" but I have NO idea who/what that is!

:lol::smilielol5::rofl: Tears running down my face here. I actually missed about half of these the first time around. Next time you need to add links so we can go back and see the ones we missed.

I did consider that, but then some of the threads got kind of heated and I wasn't looking to further or dredge up any old arguments, I just wanted to post the funny stuff without causing any drama. :)

My favourite:

That IS funny! Do you have a post title/date for that? If so I'll add it to the list!

Oh do please make it a monthly thing--that was hilarious and fun!

I will try. :)

I'm glad you all enjoyed the thread! I will continue adding to this month's so keep checking back onto page 1 for further additions! And if you come across anything you want me to add, feel free to post it or PM me or whatever!

NOTE: DECEMBER'S FUNNY QUOTES CONTINUE HERE! I RAN OUT OF ROOM TO ADD MORE TEXT TO PAGE 1!!!

---

The following quotes are from the "I Hate Decorating Cookies" thread started by Janna on 12/18/10. There were multiple funny quotes in here, so I'm just going to start throwing them out there:

"Every year is the same. In my head, I think this is going to be great fun. We're going to bake cookies together and decorate them. There is a fire in the fireplace, it's snowing outside, Christmas music is playing, everyone is polite and respectful, I'm wearing an apron and smiling like June Cleaver, while the kids are smiling and sharing. The realty? There is no music because the noise of the kids making "Vrroom, Vroom!" noises with the decorating tips is too loud. There is snow, but it's a pain in the butt because the dog keeps bringing it in on her long fur. There is no fire because I don't want to spend the money on the gas it uses. I don't own an apron . The cookies are baked the night before which is fine, except a batch burned. One child is in the way at all times breathing on the frosting, asking for red and green and where are the sprinkles? Is the red made yet? What about the green? I said I wanted green, too! Can I use these sprinkles? ooo! I want to use this! No, I wanted to use that! Is the green done, now? Then the children begin their frosting. Using decorating bags for the first time, they don't listen to my direction on how to hold and squeeze, therefore frosting oozes out the top. They don't listen to my direction to just use very light pressure, so the cookies are bombarded with a cup of frosting..." -Janna

"Occasionally, we could pull it off but most of the time, he fed the dog unbaked or baked cookies, decorated the dog's nose with frosting." - Liz CA

"I do think you forgot to mention the red Christmas trees, slobber, fighting, and sugar coated table that even after 5 thorough wipings is still sticky." - Dawn in OH

"I never use squeezable icing because my nerves cannot take it. The first homeschool cookie decorating thing I hosted at my house, my family was left stranded with nasty looking cookies covered with huge mounds of icing. My dh was incensed at the waste. (yes I also saw kids LICKING the decorating bags! gross). All the other years, the cookies are pre-iced and the kids can put sprinkles and candies on them. And every mom is REQUIRED to take home the cookies that their little darlings decorate (an sneeze on)." - Fairfarmhand

"I have never used squeezable icing before this year with them either. I did it because the picture with them using a knife is just...gross. *dip the knife in bowl, plop frosting on cookie. Release cookie from hand to lick fingers. Take licked finger to get frosting off of knife. Lick finger. Pick up cookie with wet fingers. Spread the frosting. Lick the knife. Put knife back in bowl and repeat.*" - Janna

"I decorate my OWN batch of sugar cookies later. For those guests who prefer NOT to eat a cookie with a pound of muddy colored frosting and a half cup of sprinkles on it." - DianneW88

"A few years ago I did gingerbread houses with them, I think there is a beer by my hand in every photo and it was like, 10am!! I used to hyperventilate at the though of it and I feel bad because I had the same vision in my head you did. Apron, fireplace, music, light snow falling, fa la la la la, and oh screw that." - Lizzie in MA

(Ladies, I have to tell you, you've kind of made me extra glad to be Jewish. Jews don't *usually* do holiday cookie baking. :D)

---

Cheryl in SoCal: "Why can't Catholics use tampons?"

ThatCyndiGirl: "Because they are Satan's Little Cotton Fingers."

KatieH: "Unless you're masturbating with it, there's no reason Catholics can't use tampons."

12/18/10, Explaining Female Cycle To Young Boys thread.

---

Enjoy!

Edited by NanceXToo

Cheryl in SoCal: "Why can't Catholics use tampons?"

ThatCyndiGirl: "Because they are Satan's Little Cotton Fingers."

KatieH: "Unless you're masturbating with it, there's no reason Catholics can't use tampons."

12/18/10, Explaining Female Cycle To Young Boys thread.

---

Enjoy!

I totally skipped that thread!!! I did.not.realize that people had *ideas* about Catholics and tampons. If I ever was unsure on this topic, I'd like to shout out now to KatieH for easing my mind about this perplexing moral issue.

"A few years ago I did gingerbread houses with them, I think there is a beer by my hand in every photo and it was like, 10am!! I used to hyperventilate at the though of it and I feel bad because I had the same vision in my head you did. Apron, fireplace, music, light snow falling, fa la la la la, and oh screw that." - Lizzie in MA

Love, love, LOVE this!! Thank you, Lizzie in MA for making me laugh, and making me feel a little less like a lunatic. :lol:

Love, love, LOVE this!! Thank you, Lizzie in MA for making me laugh, and making me feel a little less like a lunatic. :lol: