Menu

ps funny

A friend of mine who has a 2nd grade ds in ps was telling me of a new program at the school. Kids who have socialization problems get the privalege of going out and interacting with the public. They go to the store and buy something and are graded by how well they interact with other people in the store.

A friend of mine who has a 2nd grade ds in ps was telling me of a new program at the school. Kids who have socialization problems get the privalege of going out and interacting with the public. They go to the store and buy something and are graded by how well they interact with other people in the store.

Who is taking them to the store? What is the grading scale? What if you are shy?

But how is that socialization? The people in the stores will be of different ages than the kids. Don't they know it's only socialization if it's a group of same-aged people?:tongue_smilie:

LOL! Too funny!

Our local schools are now implementing a positive behavior and social skills curriculum.

I, kind of, understand why, but it does make the argument that school is needed for proper socialization a bit weaker in my eyes. :tongue_smilie:

Agree!

:lol::lol::lol: WHAT!?!? I thought ps was the ONLY place that offers socialization! Can they really get that out in public? :lol::lol::lol:

I know that they do that in the special needs program here at our high school. They don't grade the kids, but they do try to get them to ask for help, count their change, ask questions etc. It may be for that, as I can't believe that many school districts have money to bus the whole school over to Walmart.