Menu

piano lessons question

I'm paying $60 a month for 30 minute lessons once a week no matter how many weekly lessons. DD's lesson is on Tuesdays, so depending on the month, there could be 4 or 5 lessons. But I also pay $60 for December and we usually take a week and sometimes two weeks off. This is a good price around here. The man the co-op uses charges $100 for four 30-minute lessons.

Our piano teacher comes to our house and is $20 for a 30 min lesson.

Average around here if the teacher doesn't come to you is about $15/30mins.

But my deal is extra sweet... she's a former hs'ing mom who's kids are now graduated and she really misses hs'ing, so she's teaching my kiddo science for an hour after his piano lesson! Woo hoo!

Guest CarolineUK

We pay £35 per hour - that's about $52.5 per hour - I have two boys who each have a 30 minute piano lesson every week. The same teacher also teaches DS11 trombone and DS9 cornet at the same hourly rate, so we pay £70 per week for music lessons, that's about $105.

$75/month for ds for 30 min piano lessons once a week (although they always go overtime because he's her only student and they're having too much fun to stop...:)).

In Jan. my dd will start flute lessons at the same price with the same teacher. She also wants to take piano and ds (who already takes piano) wants to take tuba lessons. Haven't found a teacher for that yet but assuming a similar price that could be $300/month just for music lessons, and that's only 1/2 my kids, what about when the other 2 want to start??:eek:

It varies around here. My son's current teacher charges $75 for 4 45-minute lessons. His previous teacher charged $100 for 4 30-minute lessons.

The current teacher is every bit as good as his prior one. I think the price difference is due to the fact that the current teacher teaches out of her house here in our small town. His prior teacher teaches at a large co-op about 30 minutes away in a much pricier suburb. That's my guess as to the price difference.