Menu

Opinions on Wells Fargo for a mortgage?

We've had several WF mortgages. We've never had any problems at all. The only thing I can say about them is that we have (at least twice) attempted to re-fi with them without jumping through hoops and been turned down. We then would re-fi with another lender, and they would promptly sell it to--you guessed it, Wells Fargo.

Our mortgage was sold to them and we haven't had any problems. However, when we were looking at a refinance when the rates had started to drop, WF customer service locally stank. There was no interest from the mortgage person in the office following up on our calls or questions, until he heard that we had checked with another local mortgage broker (who had done the original loan for us) to see what he could offer. There were some other customer service-related problems as we worked through a WF refinance, but it was eventually successful.

Erica in OR

Our mortgage was sold to them and we haven't had any problems. However, when we were looking at a refinance when the rates had started to drop, WF customer service locally stank. There was no interest from the mortgage person in the office following up on our calls or questions, until he heard that we had checked with another local mortgage broker (who had done the original loan for us) to see what he could offer. There were some other customer service-related problems as we worked through a WF refinance, but it was eventually successful.

Erica in OR

:iagree:I wonder if we had the same lame mortgage lady.

We did a re-fi last year with Wells Fargo and it was a big pain. The lady was so not into it she would never call us back, or do anything for the loan unless my dh showed up at her office. It took 3 months. She told us there would be no fees for us, and then at closing all of a sudden we had to pay money. We also didn't even get a month off of payments by the time it closed. Once it closed we have had no issues with them in regards to the mortgage.

Our mortgage was sold to them years ago and we refied with them about 7 years ago. No problems whatsover.

Having said that....I would personally not do business with them if I had a choice now. They are one of the big banks that is heavily involved in the mortgage crisis and I don't like what I've read about their behavior lately.

I have read the same things as well which is why I asked:) I am a little relieved that posters seem to be having some good experiences:)

Very bad experience after the flood of 2006.

Have friends who work for WF and they state do not get a mortgage through them.

They had bought our mortgage after only 2 years, we then were with them for 7 years and refinanced(no problems) then the flood hit and we needed to pay of $19,500 overnight. We WERE activaly paying our mortgage on our flooded ruined house anyway but and they said that was fine and then we started receiving calls from a collections agency.

Wells Fargo had sent us to collections for the total amount of the loan even though we were paying our loan on time when our house was ruined and destroyed. When we contacted them about it we were informed that whenever a distaster hits and destroys your home you need to pay the total amount off asap because it is a liabilty for them as we could just walk away from the loan:glare:

Somehow my grandfather redid his holdings of money and loaned us the money to pay it off otherwise it would have been very bad.

I will try to never deal with them again and oh, btw. The recordings they take of your phone calls, even if their employee tells you something incorrectly: WF states they do not care. It is wrong and even if they told that you it does not matter.

I do not like them!

We have had 3 mortgages with WF. I no longer recommend them and honestly, the first two times we had other people but WF bought the loans in the first month both times!

Run away!

The first house we sold to a friend that assumed the loan. Three years later both she and us had to pay a lawyer to fix the paperwork.....WF never bothered taking us off the tax records so she couldn't sell the house until it was fixed. WF agreed it was their mistake but we had to pay a LOT to get it fixed. Luckily we were back in that state when it was discovered ....

Our current house is up for a short sale. WF found every possible loophole to not put this through. They had a 'title' issue. They said it was their issue...regarding dates on papers. They took their time fixing their mistake. So the short sale: We had a buyer. They approved the loan they said. But then said it was only the 2nd that was approved but not the 1st loan. but the conversation Dh had with them was obviously about both loans b/c they told us what to file tax wise for each loan ;-) We at that point had to get an auction canceled. They finally got on board with another negotiator. We both did everything asked of us but WF came back wanting more money from both parties. We both said no. If they want my house they can have it. They were frustrating to work with.

I had a conversation yesterday with a helpful person who let me know that Deed in Lieu was possible and how I could qualify but that by the time I qualified they would have taken our home. I appreciated her honesty so I didn't spent more time/money faxing hundreds of papers when they know it's a lost cause. She's about the only real person I have spoken to yet.

It was the little things that added up over the year that made this huge thing just too much.

We would never choose to do business with WF again. They have some issues with details and will not tell you when they made mistakes. You have to find them and push them to correct them.

Run away.

Mine went through very smoothly, and WF sold in a few months. Every mortgage I've had (3) were sold in the first year.

Except our initial mortgage on this house was owned by Bank of America and sold to WF soon after. We have had no issues with WF but havent' needed anything from them, either.

yes.

this makes things very difficult. i don't like how someone enters into a mortgage with one company and then ends up having it sold to one they are trying to avoid. in this case i guess there's nothing to be done (if wachovia is broke then they're broke), but it's difficult to know that when you enter into a mortgage with one company it might get sold to wells fargo even though you don't want to do business with them.

When we refinanced with Wells Fargo it was a snap. They even sent the rep to the house so that I could sign all of the papers at the dining room table. It definitely beat having to go downtown and wait for hours like we had to with another lender. I would recommend WF without hesitation.