Menu

Ready! Set! Research!

51UOgbVlrFL._SS500_.jpg

This is an excellent guide for a general ed student, or a student playing catch up.

One of the hardest parts of doing a research paper is organizing the paper. This guide suggests using an encyclopedia outline, but then using other sources to fill it in. So the student gets to complete a true research paper while practicing all the other parts of a research paper, but skipping the one hardest part.

After doing one or more of these canned reports, the student can then work on making a true outline, and then breeze through the rest of the report, having already mastered the other parts.

Another idea is to do a research ESSAY and have the student adapt a typical 5 paragraph essay into a short report. This book is perfect to accompany a lesson in writing a 5 paragraph essay. That is what I bought it for.

Amazon sells the book new for $8.99. I got mine much cheaper. I really like this book. It's the first book that feels just right for the level I'm at.