Menu

I need advice on a Wii!

We just decided as a family to go with one large gift this year (a Wii) than many small gifts, but I have no idea where to start.

My daughters are 16 and 14 years old. We have a finished basement and almost every weekend my 16 y.o. has anywhere from 10 - 15 kids (boys and girls) over to hang out. I have a feeling my 14 y.o. isn't too far behind with that large of a crowd when she has friends over.

Basically, tell me:

- what is the best system to buy?

- where is the best place to go for it?

- what should I buy to go along with it?

and

- anything else I should know! Thanks for any help!!

If you have that many kids over, I'd make sure there are 4 controllers so a group can play together.

Mario Party games are fun for groups. I don't have any experience with the very interactive games because we didn't like the sports ones so we stick to regular games.

I thought the Wii came only in one box, not multiple versions like Playstation 3 (I think that's the one that comes with different amounts of memory). The Wii does come in various bundles with different games. That would only be good if you were interested in those games. There is a red limited edition Wii system available. It's cool looking. :)

We just decided as a family to go with one large gift this year (a Wii) than many small gifts' date=' but I have no idea where to start.

My daughters are 16 and 14 years old. We have a finished basement and almost every weekend my 16 y.o. has anywhere from 10 - 15 kids (boys and girls) over to hang out. I have a feeling my 14 y.o. isn't too far behind with that large of a crowd when she has friends over.

Basically, tell me:

- what is the best system to buy?[/quote']

Are you thinking of systems other than the wii? They all have pros and cons (and what is a pro for one family might be a con for another) depending upon your wants/needs.

- where is the best place to go for it?

- what should I buy to go along with it?

and

- anything else I should know! Thanks for any help!!

Target has the "red" package on sale in stores. It comes with the console, wii sports and super mario brothers, a wii remote and nunchuck for $177.