Menu

Happy Birthday Jane Austen -- Free b-books

This is a great coincidence since part of the 2011 52 books challenge is reading Jane Austen.

In celebration of Jane Austen's birthday Sourcebook Publishers is making available for free today special editions of her novels

Special e-book editions of
Pride and Prejudice
Emma
Sense and Sensibility
Northanger Abbey
Persuasion
and
Mansfield Park
. These celebratory editions include the full novels, plus the legendary color illustrations of the Brock brothers, originally created to accompany the books in 1898.

In addition to the Jane Austen classics, readers can also enjoy these bestselling Austen-inspired novels. The following bestselling e-books will be
free
on December 16th in honor of her birthday:

Eliza’s Daughter
by Joan Aiken

The Darcys and the Bingleys
by Marsha Altman

Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife
by Linda Berdoll

What Would Jane Austen Do?
by Laurie Brown

The Pemberley Chronicles
by Rebecca Ann Collins

The Other Mr. Darcy
by Monica Fairview

Mr. Darcy’s Diary
by Amanda Grange

Mr. and Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One
by Sharon Lathan

Lydia Bennet’s Story
by Jane Odiwe

Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy
by Abigail Reynolds

Due to a slight snafu, the offer has been extended through Friday, December 17TH. The ebooks are currently available at Ibooks and Google books. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Sony are working on fixing their prices, so check back this afternoon. Sourcebooks.com will have the special editions available on their site as well soon.

--

Edited:

Barnes and Noble has fixed their site - Link to free special editions

Edited by Mytwoblessings

I may have to put an eReader onto my birthday wish list next year. I can almost justify one as an educational expense.

I read Northanger Abbey last year for the first time and it was such a delight. I'm glad I saved it for after I'd read and reread others in the series. It was almost satire.

Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife, however, was one of the worst books that I read all year. Really horrid. The negative reviews on Amazon are a stitch though.

JA's e-books should be free anyways. The copyright on them is expired.

I might er...check out the pron though. :lol: Thank you!

You can download the kindle program for your computer or iphone/android and read them on those devices. I don't own a kindle but I use it on my computer and phone. :)

Edited by Sis

JA's e-books should be free anyways. The copyright on them is expired.

I might er...check out the pron though. :lol: Thank you!

You can download the kindle program for your computer or iphone/android and read them on those devices. I don't own a kindle but I use it on my computer and phone. :)

They are free and can be found on Project Gutenberg and other sites. However, the special illustrated editions were made free for the day. Plus the other books.

Check out this link - sourcebooks explains the process of trying to organize getting the books free from all sources and the lessons they learned.

Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife, however, was one of the worst books that I read all year. Really horrid. The negative reviews on Amazon are a stitch though.

:iagree: A book has to be reeaaallly bad for me not to finish it. If it's not well written but I'm still interested in the story, I'll usually finish it, even if I'm rolling my eyes the whole way. I didn't finish this one. Yuck. The book was pretty much just a vehicle for lots of descriptions of Darcy and Elizabeth having s*x. And poorly written ones at that. I totally didn't know what I was getting myself into when I checked it out of the library. It should've had a warning label on it! :ack2:

What am I doing wrong??? I downloaded the Nook app for my iPad, and tried to download a couple of the free books. I was informed that there was a problem with my payment method and I should call the 1-800 number to clear things up. Um, how can there be a problem with my payment for a FREE item?!?