Menu

Winterpromise users

mom2agang

What do you use for English/language arts. For my 4th graders I'm using ILL WS and spelling power. ( I like mfw language arts) will my kids be lacking something by not using mfw Curriculum since they it's incorporated into their history and science. I just like WP for my homeschool. And I don't want to lack something. I want to do MFW style language arts with WP history and science. Can I? Will I need to add something?

I don't see how PLL or ILL/WS/SP is a part of "doing MFW". It isn't integrated in any of the core part of MFW that I've seen, so I think its just fine doing it w/ WP. I've used both company's stuff, and am currently using WP w/ PLL and AAS. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've only ever seen it scheduled, that's about it. I think you have made a fine choice. ;)

I'm not a WP user, but maybe a MFW user perspective would be helpful in some fashion too?

Since MFW also says ILL/WS/SP are just recommendations and not required, I think you'll be fine. They schedule use in the intro of the manual for those items, but you can find other schedules that work with it. They have a few tweaks on how they recommend it, but you'll be fine no matter what on it.

There are some built in language arts components in the MFW program that you'd want to make sure are covered in some fashion, but I'm guessing Winterpromise covers those or would be easy to do. (readers, enrichment reading, Bible memory work, vocab study of some sort, notebooking. stuff like that)

If WP's lang arts suggestions aren't required in WP to make it work (and sounds like it isn't), then you'll be fine.

Sounds like you got it covered.

-crystal