Menu

prayers for this family...go and hug your little ones

I cannot imagine the pain; I really don't know that I'm strong enough to carry on after something like that.

My heart breaks for her, replaying her actions and words, over and over...My heart breaks for the children who tried so hard to help their brother...My goodness, there are simply not words...

I can only hope and pray that somehow she will receive some peace, and not torment herself with the "would haves" and "could haves."

I have been trying to focus on the positives in my life, and appreciate things more. This thread refocused and renewed my resolve to cherish each and every moment. The family is in my prayers.

I am sitting here crying... I have scars across three of my knuckles where I crushed my hand in a drawer rescuing my son who somehow managed to pull dh's dresser down. She is living my nightmare of "what if I had failed?" That poor, poor family. There are no words. I am heartbroken for her... :crying:

My heart aches for her. My son fell out of our 2 story apt. window when he was 3. I remember the horror in the children's voices as they first screamed out his name and then mine. I remember running out the door and down the stairs crying out his name, praying that he would somehow survive. Heaven smiled down on us that day. As he fell he did a complete somersault and landed on his legs. I know that horrible fear, and I am so sorry that her story ended in such heartache. I will be praying here.

This stirs emotion in me that I have not felt in a long time. A deep, deep sense of loss for a family I didn't even know. I remember those fears from when mine were small. I am still too overprotective for my kids' tastes. That poor mother. God be with her. With them all! And the way the other children rushed to try to help. Sweet Jesus! WHY!? *SOB*

Oh that poor baby. He was just 6 days younger than my baby. I cannot even imagine the pain.

I was watching a music video today dedicated to a little 13 month old who died before X-MAS and I was bawling. My DD1 looked at me and said "Mama, why cry?" but how can you explain the pain of loss to such a little being.

That poor mom and all those children who tried to help.

:grouphug: Prayers for this family and all others who have had to suffer this type of tragedy!

An online friend set up a foundation after it happened to her 3.5 year old daughter. http://www.katieeliselambert.com/index.shtml

I have seen photos posted of people setting up bookcases in the middle of a room to divide out the homeschool classroom from another room and I just pray that they are anchored to something, anything because it doesn't take much to pull something like that over, gravity wins. I keep after my DH to anchor things all the time. He thinks I'm over reacting but I think if something tipped he'd understand my point. I just don't want it to be at the expense of my child.

Sooooooo terribly heartbreaking!!!

Dawn