Menu

Unique $15 guy and girl gift ideas for an adult gift exchange?

A pretty/cool jigsaw puzzle

some sort of craft kit (candle making? I don't know how much those cost)

A recipe and the ingredients to make it in a pot/bowl/etc. (not necessarily cookie mix in a jar- it could be any recipe that uses non-perishables)

A Star Trek Enterprise Pizza Cutter from Think Geek- it's $20 but it's awesome and everyone in hour house wants it, LOL

A zen garden- they make tiny kits to buy at the bookstores but I would like to make one that is larger using a wooden serving tray because those tiny ones do not invoke zen like feelings, LOL. You just need a tray, some river stones/pebbles, something to use as a rake to create patterns in the sand and maybe one of those huge ziploc bags to put it all in so it's 'portable' for them.

A magnadoodle- LOTS of people love to doodle.

A set of toys from the cheap toy section- those stretchy stick hands, silly putty, 'fart' putty, paddle balls, etc.

It's so hard to find a gift for $15, even when you know exactly who the recipient will be, so buying for someone who may be male or female, young or old, and who may or may not have a sense of humor, and who may or may not have food allergies, sensitivities, or restrictions, is extra-tough!

Maybe you could just take $15 in cash and fold it into some sort of origami animal or something.

Cat

Do you have a farmer's market or someplace where local people sell handmade or homemade items? DH does a similiar gift exchange at work and we usually are able to find something inexpensive and unusual at our local markethouse. Even typical stuff like Hickory Farms type goodies are somehow nicer if they are local items. I think this year we will be giving some maple syrup that is homemade by some local Amish people, it tastes amazing and I can't get enough of it myself.

These Zak Designs Happy Spoons are my very favorite all-purpose spoons. I have them in several colors:

http://www.amazon.com/Zak-Designs-Kiwi-Happy-Spoon/dp/B001GBL6B4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1292354328&sr=8-6

Of course, cooking with a happy spoon will make you happy. ;)

I really like my battery operated flour sifter too:

http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-140-Battery-Operated-Sifter/dp/B000JWLO6I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1292354474&sr=8-1

:iagree: I was out voted. The instructions are if you are male you bring a $15 male gift, if you are female you bring a $15 girl gift. They are placed in the center of the room, with that sex circled around it, we draw numbers and you take turns picking out an unknown gift.

Extended family wants to exchange only among the adults and has for years. "I" would prefer to have $1 stockings hung with each CHILD's name on it and put something small in each.

Oh, ok -- I misunderstood and thought the gift had to work for either a man or a woman! In that case, how about a little set of lip glosses from Ulta or Sephora? Some of the sets are very cute.

BTW, I like your idea about the children's stockings better than the adult gift idea! It's more fun for the kids than for the adults, anyway, and I'd much prefer to see my ds get something than end up with $15 gifts for myself and my dh that neither of us really wants, anyway!

Cat

You know those "seen on TV" gadgets that you see and think, "Well, that might be cool to have," but you're never going to buy one yourself (plus pay for shipping). A lot of those are in your price range, and are at Walgreens. I got a couple of those for our white elephant exchange.

Also, a six pack of beer. I don't drink myself, so I had to get advice on a special brand; but a lot of people value this.

Also, a gift card to a local restaurant, car wash, etc.

I have had a lot of fun this year using Steepandcheap.com. One of the neatest gifts I purchased there was a set of Fozzils collapsible dishes for backpacking. My boys are involved in scouts and these are great for backpacking. I can see packing them in a diaper bag for a little one also. There are many sets available depending on the need. Amazon has a good selection as do REI and other outdoor stores.

Steepandcheap had these on sale for $7! A bargain!

Truly a unique gift for both male and female

Edited by CynthiaOK

I know its dorky but I LOVE my Chia Pets. :lol: They sit on my desk for a short while and grow, fun to watch and easy to throw away when they have lived their cycle.

One of those super bright LED flashlights for a car.

Hexbugs, those amuse me for way too long.

Digi pet, I think Tamagotchi's they are a sick kind of fun for the car.

Is cooking stuff too specific? If not I would say a few of those silicone spatulas, I love these and can never seem to have enough. They come in lots of different colors too.

That is all I can think of now but I might have more later.:001_smile:

We have to bring 2 to a party this weekend. They are a mug w/ bag of coffee and a red fleece throw with sherpa trim - looks like what you'd get if you flattened santa.

I thought the Yikerz game looked like fun for this too, but ended up keeping it to give dh.

• 2 years later...