Menu

Prayers for an unknown soul

mysticamethyst

This morning on the way home from jui jitsu my son and I were witness to a horrible motorcycle accident. I rushed over to do what I could while we waited for the ambulance. That boy died in my arms. I am besides myself and cannot stop crying, my son doesn't know what to do or say; he was driving.

Please pray for that boy and his family. I know he was 19 from his ID and that his name was Brandon.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

How horrible! I can't even imagine how incredibly upset you must be!

One thing to remember is that you did a really, really good thing. That boy didn't die alone on the street. You were there to hold him, and even if he was unconscious and didn't realize it, somewhere he has a mom who would feel better knowing her boy wasn't all alone.

If you find out the boy's name, you might want to send his mom a note and let her know he didn't die alone and that he didn't suffer. That would mean so much to her, because she's probably picturing him scared and in terrible pain. If she knows it was quick and that he was immediately unconscious, it will comfort her a little.

And even if he did seem to be suffering, I might strongly consider telling his mom a little white lie about it.

I know this is terribly difficult for you, but maybe God just wanted someone special to be there for that boy.

Cat

Tammy, thank you so much for what you did for that boy, and please know that his family will be forever grateful to you for the fact that he died in someone's arms and not alone. My brother was killed in a motorcyle accident just two months ago, and my family are so very grateful to the stranger who was holding him when he died. I'm sorry for the trauma you've endured, but you did a truly wonderful thing.

:grouphug:

Jackie

I'm not sure what to do for my son. He is shocked by what he saw and how quickly it all happen. I know he will have questions. Thanks for being here for me. All of you ladies/gents are my friends and I knew I could come here for a shoulder. I am going to cuddle up and watch a movie and see if oldest will join me. No school today.

It's terrible that your older son had to witness the accident, but an experience like that could end up saving his life or someone else's life some day.

He will probably think twice before riding a motorcycle, and will probably be extra-careful about watching out for motorcycle riders while he's driving. He has also witnessed how quickly something tragic can happen, and that may go a long way toward making him a safer driver.

Cat

This morning on the way home from jui jitsu my son and I were witness to a horrible motorcycle accident. I rushed over to do what I could while we waited for the ambulance. That boy died in my arms. I am besides myself and cannot stop crying, my son doesn't know what to do or say; he was driving.

Please pray for that boy and his family. I know he was 19 from his ID and that his name was Brandon.

My heart goes out to you. My children and I witnessed a motorcycle accident 4 yrs ago. I was the first person to the woman. I heard later that she died from head injuries. It was a very difficult situation and my two children still talk about it every time we go through that intersection.

Praying for you, your son and this boys family.

Oh I am so sorry this happened to you! :( I praise God that he sent a comfort to this boy as he took his last breaths. I will keep Brandon's family in my prayers and you too!

A year and a half ago, we lost TWO young boys (12 and 13 years) in a motorcycle accident right in front of my church. Some saw it and some showed up to witness the clean up which was very telling of the horrific nature of the accident. None of us will ever drive by that stretch of highway again without thinking of that day!

Edited by Tree House Academy

It was a gift that he had a mother's loving arms around him when he passed. I'm sure that will give his own mother some small measure of comfort. :grouphug: to you and your son and to that boy's family.

Yes, my thougths exactly. Here in CT we are all reeling from a tragic auto accident that took the lives of four teens in one car last week. It's so difficult any time of the year, but the holidays make it more so.

I'm so sorry you have had to go through this. Your lives will be forever changed.

Sending you peace and love,

astrid

I am so sorry what you are going through. Let yourself cry and take your time to deal with all the emotions that your feeling. Dont push yourself to "move on" too quickly and please, talk as often as you can to get support. We are all here for you and just having people listening can make all the difference in the world. Give your son a huge hug and let him know that we are all thinking of him too. You and your son will forever be changed from this experience and perhaps this can make your faith stronger in whatever religious belief you practice. You are an amazing person and I pray that you will find peace in knowing that you were there to comfort someone in their ulitmate time of need. I pray that when it is time for my son to be with the Lord that someone like you would be there to hold him if I was unable.

It may be helpful for you and your son's healing process as well as the boys mother to speak and let her know you were there.

God Bless and if there is anything I can do to help you, even if it is just talking, please feel free to contact me. I am going through a tragic event right now as my mother in law is on life support and just knowing people are out there who care gives me that warm fuzzy feeling.

Praying for you and your son.

I will keep you, your son and Brandon in the light. You did a truly wonderful thing. I occasionally work in palliative care and I know that the families are always comforted by the fact that their loved ones are not alone when they die. Like others have said, know that Brandon's family will find some measure of peace knowing that he was not alone when he passed away.

I also agree with others who have said that you and your son need to talk to someone soon. Priest, pastor or counselor. But someone who has training to deal with this sort of experience.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Edited by TeacherZee
spelling mistakes drive me nuts

before you curl up with the movie, call your health care provider and ask for an appointment with a trauma councelor in the next 24 hours.... earlier is better. this is one kind of counceling where the sooner you see someone, the biggest difference it makes... and it can make all the difference in the world. if you don't have a health care provider, the police station or the local hospital should have a referral list.

ann

I'm not sure what to do for my son. He is shocked by what he saw and how quickly it all happen. I know he will have questions. Thanks for being here for me. All of you ladies/gents are my friends and I knew I could come here for a shoulder. I am going to cuddle up and watch a movie and see if oldest will join me. No school today.

If it were my son, I would have felt better that someone was there to hold him. I am crying because we pulled my ds out of a ditch last weekend. He slid off the road in his car on the snow. He was fine, but all sorts of things go through your head at the time.

You did a wonderful and noble thing today. Enjoy your movie and hug your son and tell him how much you love him.

Faithe

How soon after a death does the paper run the obituary? I would like to go to the service if its not tacky just to give the mother a piece of mind; or would this just be weird? I do not deal well at all with death--I avoid dealing with it to be honest so I really don't know the protocal.

I'm doing okay I think, catching up on the dvr and working on an afgan I thought would be an easy project. Really just trying to keep my mind busy. DH is coming home after his lunch with Starbucks and chocolate; he is just a good guy. Dinner will be something quick and easy; thinking something that delivers.

My son cried and said he didn't want to drive again anytime soon. I told him that it was okay after what we had seen this morning; heck I am not excited about it but then pointed out to him he did just right at the time. He stopped with force but not slamming on breaks and was on his cell with 911 as I was getting out of the car, and he never left the car.

It is a lot to process and we have been changed forever. Thank you all so much for hugs and sharing. :grouphug:

Side note, I have told all my kids motorcycles are not allowed.

Tammy, thank you so much for what you did for that boy, and please know that his family will be forever grateful to you for the fact that he died in someone's arms and not alone. My brother was killed in a motorcyle accident just two months ago, and my family are so very grateful to the stranger who was holding him when he died. I'm sorry for the trauma you've endured, but you did a truly wonderful thing.

Jackie

Jackie, I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

How soon after a death does the paper run the obituary? I would like to go to the service if its not tacky just to give the mother a piece of mind; or would this just be weird? I do not deal well at all with death--I avoid dealing with it to be honest so I really don't know the protocal.

I'm doing okay I think, catching up on the dvr and working on an afgan I thought would be an easy project. Really just trying to keep my mind busy. DH is coming home after his lunch with Starbucks and chocolate; he is just a good guy. Dinner will be something quick and easy; thinking something that delivers.

My son cried and said he didn't want to drive again anytime soon. I told him that it was okay after what we had seen this morning; heck I am not excited about it but then pointed out to him he did just right at the time. He stopped with force but not slamming on breaks and was on his cell with 911 as I was getting out of the car, and he never left the car.

It is a lot to process and we have been changed forever. Thank you all so much for hugs and sharing. :grouphug:

Side note, I have told all my kids motorcycles are not allowed.

:grouphug::grouphug: What a brave and noble thing you did. I agree with a pp, that if that were my son, I would have so much peace in knowing that he died in the arms of a mother who was brave enough to do what you did.

I will be praying for you, your family, and his.

Oh Tammy, I am so very sorry. I had a similar experience in February, but the gentleman on the bike died instantly. I cannot imagine how much worse your experience was. God bless you for what you had the strength and kindness to do.

Please follow the advice others have offered and get into counseling now. Don't wait like I have done. I just shoved it aside and didn't let myself grieve and truly heal, and it's coming back to haunt me now, literally. I don't want the same thing to happen to you. Take care of yourself and your son.

Praying for you all and Brandon's family.

Wow. That's just heartbreaking. I will keep your family, as well as Brandon's in my prayers. I think attending the service would be appropriate if you wanted to. As a mother, I would appreciate it if it were my son. You may not have known him, but he is now someone that has had a huge impact on your life.

It was a gift that he had a mother's loving arms around him when he passed. I'm sure that will give his own mother some small measure of comfort. :grouphug: to you and your son and to that boy's family.

Prayers for you, your son & the boys family. :grouphug: I'm so, so sorry this happened- how heartbreaking.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: oh my gosh! How horrible! Praying for you and Brandon's family. :crying:

I have tears in my eyes as I read - how tragic! My prayers are with you and your son, and Brandon's family. I think you should definitely seek some counseling, and I also think you should plan on attending the service if possible. The obits are many times posted within the next day or two.

As hard as it was for you, it was a wonderful thing that this young man didn't have to die alone.

Hugs,

Veronica

I have tears in my eyes as I read - how tragic! My prayers are with you and your son, and Brandon's family. I think you should definitely seek some counseling, and I also think you should plan on attending the service if possible. The obits are many times posted within the next day or two.

As hard as it was for you, it was a wonderful thing that this young man didn't have to die alone.

Hugs,

Veronica

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: I couldn't have said it any better.

:grouphug::grouphug:

I know not everyone is the same of course and you can only do what you're capable of but...

my BIL was killed in a car accident. Some people stopped. Some held him and spoke to him at the scene. Those people came to the hosptial (he was in trauma ICU but never regained consciousness) and spoke to us and told us they were there. For our family it helped to know someone was with him at the scene, praying for him, talking to him. I don't know if the same would help this family but if it were my child and if you were able I would want to know he did not die alone. Only if you're able of course. I'm sorry you and your son witnessed that. I'm glad Brandon wasn't alone.