Menu

Young girls falls flat on her face and doesn't move...What would cause this?

I was at a fast food place and a young girl fell. Flat. on. her. face. I mean her face was flat on the floor. Hair splayed out. I had heard her name was Morgan and shook her shoulder and said Morgan are you alright? I than said her name again Morgan. I told the clerk to call 911. She was so still, I really thought she was dead. She did not respond for what seemed like forever but it was about a minute. She finally got up and said I'm fine. I just slipped. Clearly she was embarressed. We wouldn't let her leave since the ambulance was on the way. She wasn't very happy about it. However, she did get up and than immediately go sit at a table. She put her head in her arms. She had a huge lump. I stayed in my car until I saw she went in with the paramedics. I was so thankful my kids just had waited in the car and didn't see it. I however, was a mess. It was hard to see.

I was so distraught I couldn't even talk to the clerk to tell him my order. Luckily, I am a regular so he just asked me questions. Wow. My mom used to drop like that. She also sat in the same fast food joint and put her head in her arms that day she went into the ICU and never came out. Ugh...I am afraid that there are going to be triggers about my mom that make me lose it for the rest of my life.

I was at a fast food place and a young girl fell. Flat. on. her. face. I mean her face was flat on the floor. Hair splayed out. I had heard her name was Morgan and shook her shoulder and said Morgan are you alright? I than said her name again Morgan. I told the clerk to call 911. She was so still, I really thought she was dead. She did not respond for what seemed like forever but it was about a minute. She finally got up and said I'm fine. I just slipped. Clearly she was embarressed. We wouldn't let her leave since the ambulance was on the way. She wasn't very happy about it. However, she did get up and than immediately go sit at a table. She put her head in her arms. She had a huge lump. I stayed in my car until I saw she went in with the paramedics. I was so thankful my kids just had waited in the car and didn't see it. I however, was a mess. It was hard to see.

I was so distraught I couldn't even talk to the clerk to tell him my order. Luckily, I am a regular so he just asked me questions. Wow. My mom used to drop like that. She also sat in the same fast food joint and put her head in her arms that day she went into the ICU and never came out. Ugh...I am afraid that there are going to be triggers about my mom that make me lose it for the rest of my life.

She could have been overheated and fainted.

B/c my DD has epilepsy, I usually think seizures but it could be something less dramatic.

I am so sorry about your mom. My parents died when I was a teenager. I have triggers myself and it's been decades. :grouphug:

My mom died of an aneurysm when she was at work. She was an RN and was having a staff meeting and they told me she put her head in her arms and never responded/moved/etc again. I hope she died that fast b/c I don't want to think of her being afraid and dying without me. :crying:

She could have been overheated and fainted.

B/c my DD has epilepsy, I usually think seizures but it could be something less dramatic.

I am so sorry about your mom. My parents died when I was a teenager. I have triggers myself and it's been decades. :grouphug:

My mom died of an aneurysm when she was at work. She was an RN and was having a staff meeting and they told me she put her head in her arms and never responded/moved/etc again. I hope she died that fast b/c I don't want to think of her being afraid and dying without me. :crying:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to both of you.:crying:

Could be something as simply as syncope: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fainting

ETA: Ooops. Hit the reply button too quickly. My dd went through several episodes of this when she was about 13 or 14. We considered epilepsy because it runs in the family but it was eventually dxed as syncope. Apparently it in not umcommon in teens and young women.

Edited by KidsHappen

Oh my! I am soo sorry. :grouphug:

I think that the holidays just make it so much harder. Especially when you see others doing stuff with their moms.

I just keep remembering, Hey, now I am a mom. So that counts for something right ;)

Oh my! I am soo sorry. :grouphug:

I think that the holidays just make it so much harder. Especially when you see others doing stuff with their moms.

I just keep remembering, Hey, now I am a mom. So that counts for something right ;)

It absolutely does! :001_smile:

As much as your mom meant to you, you mean to your children. I am my kids' anchor as much as my mom was mine.

I hope your holidays are wonderful! :grouphug:

My neighbor does this when stressed. SHe is 7 and just goes...OUT. She saw a fish being cut up-out she went. She was overheated after walking to the ice cream place-out. She bumped her head and saw blood-out. Darndest thing! She is totally fine afterward! So strange but that is what it sounds like to me.

How old was she? She could have just fainted. My best friend used to do that when she was younger, for no apparent reason. My DD did the same thing a couple of years ago (2 or 3 times). I talked to best friend's DH (a pediatrician) about it and he said it's not uncommon and nothing to worry about.

I understand why it bothered you so much. It's very scary when it happens. However, chances are, she's just fine.

I was thinking seizures or syncope also. Or that thing where blood pressure drops (Greg, from the Wiggles has it!) Or she may be dieting. That happened to several girls when I was in high school.

Anyway, her reaction makes it sound like has happened before, so she is aware of it. Maybe by going to the ER, they can adjust her treatment or have a good discussion about what to do to prevent it. Poor thing, how embarrassing for a young girl!