Menu

Please help me with dinner tonight...

I am looking for a good recipe that uses pasta, asparagus, and shrimp. Anyone have any great ideas?

ETA:

I took asparagus and cut it up into 1" pieces and sauteed it in olive oil with some onion & green pepper. I added some lemon juice, fresh oregano, fresh basil and mushrooms once the asparagus was well under way. I added in the shrimp and some parmesan cheese and cooked it until the shrimp was done. I added a couple spoonfuls of diced tomatoes. All of this went over spaghetti noodles. It turned out really well. Thanks for all the ideas.

Edited by Mama Geek

What kind of pasta? I'd prolly just put it all together in either an alfredo sauce or some sort of lemony cream sauce and throw it over the pasta. (Course, that's why I'm 206 lbs. There are lighter options, I'm sure.)

You could do a pasta salad--add more veggies (little tomatoes, mushrooms, a pepper or two) and toss the (blanched) asparagus and (cooked) shrimp with the pasta and some Italian dressing.

I would really like to try something that someone else really likes, instead of just randomly picking something off a recipe board:001_smile:

<Trying to be funny, not snarky> As opposed to a homeschooling board??? :D

Seriously, I do understand what you mean! I was like that myself until someone here (I think) mentioned the site. They have a Top 20 section for most collections, and when I started making soup last year I went straight down their highest-rated recipes. I found some delicious soups that way. I like all of the reviews and modifications that people make - I have served up some delicious dinners using AR.

Let us know what you decide - I might have to try it!

If I had those ingredients on hand, I'd be hoping the pasta is spaghetti, angel hair or fettuccine. Cook the pasta. Broil the asparagus and peeled shrimp, after tossing to coat with olive oil, on a baking sheet until the asparagus is crisp tender and the shrimp pink. I'd even consider adding tomato, garlic and onion and mushrooms if you have/want to the baking sheet. When the shrimp and veg is done toss with the pasta adding salt, pepper and basil.

This is not what you asked for (sorry) but it was SO good I thought I would throw it out there. We just tried Paula Deen's Shrimp and Cheddar Grits. I made just a couple of revisions. It was awesome. The spices on the shrimp combined with the creamy grits was perfect. I was raised in PA so I am NOT a grits person. Don't know what made me try this, but I was glad I did. You could serve asparagus on the side? Just a thought.

http://www.plantoeat.com/recipes/120069/9943jcq5grbcdv/shrimp-and-creamy-cheddar-grits

Another idea... put it all in an alfredo. I like this one.

http://www.plantoeat.com/recipes/108939/9943jcq5grbcdv/mushroom-alfredo