Menu

If you dont use the spines for sonlight core 3 what do you use?

Really? I have been using SL for 13yrs and never heard that. The Story of the USA books are more of a supplement to the history----they are used as a comprehension of the history being taught. The Landmark book is the only spine for the Core 3. I don't know what you would use if you don't use that and no I don't think you can do the Core by only doing the readers and read alouds. I don't know if using the History of US books that would be used in Core 100 would work or maybe the All American History texts.

Really? I have been using SL for 13yrs and never heard that. The Story of the USA books are more of a supplement to the history----they are used as a comprehension of the history being taught. The Landmark book is the only spine for the Core 3. I don't know what you would use if you don't use that and no I don't think you can do the Core by only doing the readers and read alouds. I don't know if using the History of US books that would be used in Core 100 would work or maybe the All American History texts.

This is what SL says on their website:

"Partially because his material is unfamiliar, but partially because he writes in a more mature fashion than most younger children are used to, we supplement Boorstin's book (and, if need be, encourage you to replace it for the first half of the year) with The Story of the USA books."