Menu

Looking for some new TV shows to watch

I am looking for some TV shows on Netflix that ds (he is 10) and I can watch together. I'll list what we have watched, or are in the midst of watching. As you will see, it is an odd mix.

Dr. Who - Old and new

Red Dwarf

Black Adder

Star Gate - SG1 and Atlantis

Babylon 5

Sherlock Homes

Yes Minister

Fawlty Towers

Monty Python's Flying Circus

One Foot in the Grave

Jeeves and Wooster

Firefly

I was going to say this too (LOVE this series and plan on watching the whole thing again over the holidays), but be advised that there's definitely some adult content (Inara is a "companion," Zoe and Wash have some steamy scenes, there's an entire episode set at a "house of ill repute," etc.).

How about All Creatures Great and Small? It's not sci-fi, but it's so funny and sweet, and I love the historical aspect.

Edited by melissel
Overhyphenation

Upstairs, Downstairs

The Pallisers

Star Trek Enterprise

Firefly

Lark Rise to Candleford

Farscape

We have Star Trek in our queue, and I will look into the others.

I was going to say this too (LOVE this series and plan on watching the whole thing again over the holidays), but be advised that there's definitely some adult content (Inara is a "companion," Zoe and Wash have some steamy scenes, there's an entire episode set at a "house of ill repute," etc.).

How about All Creatures Great and Small? It's not sci-fi, but it's so funny and sweet, and I love the historical aspect.

If you have seen Black Adder or Red Dwarf, then you know that the scenes in Firefly will be OK.

We love All Creatures Great and Small here.

Monk - clean, but deals with murders, so consider the age.

White Collar - clean, but deals with White Collar crime

My guys and I all love those shows. White Collar might be too new for Netflix, I don't know.

Monk is another favorite here.

I will look into White Collar.

Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's a cartoon series, but the plot and the characters are actually quite complex. Our entire family (even dd who is 14 and dh and I!) is hooked on it. It's seriously the best cartoon I've ever seen. I am usually happy to putter around the house while dh watches something with the kids, but when they watch an Avatar I drop everything and sit down as well.