Menu

Need a reading plan for OT prophets

I'm trying to line up my own study schedule for 2011. In Bible, I've decided to try reading through the OT prophets chronologically. I'll follow the traditional order of the books:

• Jonah
  • Amos
  • Hosea
  • Isaiah
  • Micah
  • Habakkuk
  • Zephaniah
  • Jeremiah (& Lamentations)
  • Daniel
  • Ezekiel
  • Nahum
  • Haggai
  • Zechariah
  • Joel
  • Obadiah
  • Malachi

So far, I'm having a hard time finding a chronological reading plan for only the OT prophets -- one that spreads them out over the course of the year and breaks down the reading into daily chunks, taking into account the unwieldy length of some chapters.

Do you have a great link for a Bible reading plan for only the OT prophets? I know I must have a potentially helpful book in a box in the garage.... LOL. From way back in those seminary days. I'll have to go out there and dig it up, I suppose.

:bigear:

The ESV Study Bible Reading Plan splits up the Bible into four sections: Pentateuch and history of Israel, Psalms and wisdom literature, Chronicles and prophets, and gospels and epistles. Chronicles and prophets includes all the prophets, as well as 1 and 2 Chronicles, and goes through Isaiah twice to make it even. So it wouldn't be *quite* what you want, but it would be close! According to them, it does go through the prophets chronologically, but it would be quite easy to rearrange their readings if they aren't in the order you want. Here is the information (from the ESV Study Bible blog). It has a link to a PDF version of the entire reading plan arranged in print-and-use-as-bookmarks format. HTH! At the very least it can give you a starting point. :)

Edited by Hannah C.