Menu

Yes, but is the truth properly punctuated?

On a philosophical note, can truth even BE true if it isn't properly punctuated? Please discuss, with extensive examples.

}{

(It's a butterfly. Or possibly two people with pointy noses discussing punctuations. Or a Rorshach test. It's all up to you, really.)

Yes, please, especially the extensive examples part! :bigear: I can't make an informed decision without more information.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys need to be careful or this thread is going to disappear because of all the flaming! Also because connecting Walmart and the OP's . is just stretching a bit far! We should be staying on topic as gardening momma said!

(I shopped at Walmart last week. Am I gonna get kicked off the board now?:001_huh:)

This is my fave...it fills in that space of silence...like irl talking...some say it's over used...but you can never over use the dot dot dot...

... I absolutely agree...

I'm going to be so bold (it'll knock your socks off {unless you aren't wearing socks [in that case it'll blow your feet off]} to Kingdom Come) and start a trend with brackets (that are inside a set of brackets {like this [wash-rinse-repeat]} but perhaps muck it up a bit more {than anticipated}) and make it a run-on sentence just to add excitement and drama.

Hey, Bookfiend, you got a problem with my interobang?! I'm calling you out sista! Clearly you would prefer an old fashioned scroll a la parchment to our new technology with all it's funky characters? Oh, oh, I get it.... Bookfiend wants her own Scribe! The cabana boys weren't good enough... I get it! It all goes back to who's the most "classical" doesn't it? ;)

*okay word of caution: I just tried a popular keyboard command (I'm on Vista {if that matters [Vista sucketh big ginormous monkey testis]}) and it not only didn't work, it actually made my cursor (no, the other one) start flashing around like a violent miniature thunderstorm. Don't do it. (Ctrl+Alt+?)

This is my fave...it fills in that space of silence...like irl talking...some say it's over used...but you can never over use the dot dot dot...

"We danced on the beach, kissed on the beach and dot, dot, dot."

*SINGING*

Honey honey, how he thrills me, a-ha, honey honey

Honey honey, nearly kill me, a-ha, honey honey

I've heard about him before

I wanted to know some more

And now I know what they mean, he's a love machine

Oh, he makes me dizzy

*DONE SINGING*

Thanks, now that song will be stuck in my head ALL day.....

Hey, Bookfiend, you got a problem with my interobang?! I'm calling you out sista! Clearly you would prefer an old fashioned scroll a la parchment to our new technology with all it's funky characters? Oh, oh, I get it.... Bookfiend wants her own Scribe! The cabana boys weren't good enough... I get it! It all goes back to who's the most "classical" doesn't it? ;)

(Ctrl+Alt+?)

A scribe, Aaahhhh yes, who can resist the allure of a tonsure?