Menu

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not giving away my secrets! PERIOD. ;)

I think you mean "I am not giving away my secrets! FULL STOP". :D

I'm glad you all find this funny, but, frankly, I'm a bit insulted.

I don't really appreciate the use of a period only in the first post. I don't like periods. They make me feel crampy and bitc....errrrr..... never mind...

...Ooooh! Chocolate!

Precisely. Bingo. Bang On. Eggsackery. :iagree:

No, no, no... the hypen is often misinterpreted as an evil symbol, but really, when you look into the distant past, you'll find that it was once a simple mark of older possibly pagan origin, indicating the joining of two separate words to create a more complete definition, where once only confusion existed.

I found it on a google search, so it must be true. :D

No, no, no... the hypen is often misinterpreted as an evil symbol, but really, when you look into the distant past, you'll find that it was once a simple mark of older possibly pagan origin, indicating the joining of two separate words to create a more complete definition, where once only confusion existed.

I found it on a google search, so it must be true. :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Did I really just read 12 pages of this?

Why yes.... yes I did.

And just to stay on topic...

âüççÀàóâêêîôûÚáéúñÉéôÄäÖëïÈèÙùöÜüßÃáÉéÃíÓó

I <3 diacritical marks.

(And if anyone is wondering... that is a mixture between French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese... all the languages I am currently studying.)

æ…¬˚∆©∂ß∑´

®†¥†ø¨π“µ∫µç≈*÷

™¢§∞§≠–ºª•¶§∞™¡`

åß∂Æ’≈Ωύ∫ç˜

Sorry that got longgg, I'm really passionate about thiss subjecttt.

That's it. I'm pulling out my old Lord Of the Rings Books. I am nearly CERTAIN that, according to the elfin translation guide provided by Christopher Tolkien in the expanded Collector's Edition circa 2006, you just swore at us all in High Elvish.

I dont believe in punctuation It is too old fashioned I figure we should all just teach our children to write the same way we talk And no one says period at the end of a statement or question mark at the end of a question

why not its how all the cool kids do it these days just read facebook :lol:

Did I really just read 12 pages of this?

Why yes.... yes I did.

Seriously, I've been crazy-laughing at this thread! :smilielol5: This is the Seinfeld of WTM threads.

... I absolutely agree...

I'm going to be so bold (it'll knock your socks off {unless you aren't wearing socks [in that case it'll blow your feet off]} to Kingdom Come) and start a trend with brackets (that are inside a set of brackets {like this [wash-rinse-repeat]} but perhaps muck it up a bit more {than anticipated}) and make it a run-on sentence just to add excitement and drama.

Hey, Bookfiend, you got a problem with my interobang?! I'm calling you out sista! Clearly you would prefer an old fashioned scroll a la parchment to our new technology with all it's funky characters? Oh, oh, I get it.... Bookfiend wants her own Scribe! The cabana boys weren't good enough... I get it! It all goes back to who's the most "classical" doesn't it? ;)

*okay word of caution: I just tried a popular keyboard command (I'm on Vista {if that matters [Vista sucketh big ginormous monkey testis]}) and it not only didn't work, it actually made my cursor (no, the other one) start flashing around like a violent miniature thunderstorm. Don't do it. (Ctrl+Alt+?)

I think that you are just trying to one up Bill and I's parenthetical expressions. :glare:

SO NOW WE'RE BRINGING ELVIS INTO THIS????? UNBELIEVABLE!

I'm pretty sure he always punctuated properly and left no participles dangling, or nuthin'. Just sayin'.

Actually...I think hanging participles were one of the older generation's main objections to Elvis.

(Where's a lip-curl smiley when we need one?)

æ…¬˚∆©∂ß∑´

®†¥†ø¨π“µ∫µç≈*÷

™¢§∞§≠–ºª•¶§∞™¡`

åß∂Æ’≈Ωύ∫ç˜

Sorry that got longgg, I'm really passionate about thiss subjecttt.

Show off! :glare:

IMO, this thread is further and conclusive evidence of the superiority of a structural approach to studying grammar/syntax over the traditional methods. Another ten pages or so should demonstrate that to the satisfaction of all.

This thread is spiral and incremental. There should be alternate threads available for those who prefer a different approach.

&

Practice:

& +

Review:

. = ! @ % * ) > , ? -

Sorry I should have previewed this lesson as there's obvious evil intent in that last answer. :001_huh:

This thread is spiral and incremental. There should be alternate threads available for those who prefer a different approach.

&

Practice:

& +

Review:

. = ! @ % * ) > ' date=' ? -

Sorry I should have previewed this lesson as there's obvious evil intent in that last answer. :001_huh:[/quote']

LOL...

And I love your signature Teachin'Mine: "Dr chldrn! 2day I m pryng hre wth u tht u may gthr th strngth 2 opn ur hrts nd thus 2 bcme awre of th mity love of th sufferng God. Thru ths His love, goodnss and meeknss, I m also wth u. I invit u 4 ths spcl tme of preprtn 2 b a tim of prayr, penance nd conversion. My chldrn, u need God. U cannt go 4wrd w/o my Son. Whn u comprhnd nd accpt ths, wht ws promsd 2 u wll b realizd. Thru th Holy Spirit th Kngdm of Heaven wll b born in ur hearts. I m leadng u 2 ths. Thank u.

OL Medj"

Perhaps a spelling thread to follow grammar class (or texting class, better yet!) :lol: