Menu

Snow Day!

Typically when our local ps system is out for a snow day, we still do school. But the snow is so pretty outside and every school district anywhere near us is closed tomorrow. So... I'm calling a school day! We'll bake cookies and make cards, watch Christmas specials and finish decorating the tree.

This is big for me. :)

So, do you ever have snow days?

that makes me smile. We live in Michigan and before that Minnesota. When my boys went to Public school for Highschool, one of the things they were most excited about was getting a real snow day. I alwasy told them there was no snow in the hallway between their bedroom and the dining room table. (Yes, they usually got to go outside and play in the snow after they did their Math for the day. )

Typically when our local ps system is out for a snow day, we still do school. But the snow is so pretty outside and every school district anywhere near us is closed tomorrow. So... I'm calling a school day! We'll bake cookies and make cards, watch Christmas specials and finish decorating the tree.

This is big for me. :)

So, do you ever have snow days?

First of all, good for ya....good decision! My dh and I are originally from the north. We've been in NC for years now, but love the snow. We grew up with it. So, YES, when we have snow which is seldom I call a snow day. Gee, I get there and play in it too.

This year I'm planning on us going snow skiing. It's been a looooong time since dh and I have been skiing (when we lived in MI before moving here) and we miss it. We want to take our dd skiing.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

See now that is just not right!

I grew up first in New Jeresy.

The kiddo was born in NC. Then lived in Georgia, then Texas, then Okinawa Japan. When we found out we were coming to Long Island, not Germany he was so upset. We thougth he'd be thrilled since our friends are here. He was upset because he wanted to go to Germany because he wanted snow! LOL! After explaining NY has snow too he was fine.

But now my friends in NC are tell stories about flurries and snow. My friends in TN are talking about snow. The whole south seems to be talking snow.

IT WAS 60 DEGREES HERE TODAY!!! AND IT'S THE 12 OF DECEMBER!!!

That is just SO not right!

I also grew up with snow - lived in Maine for several years. The girls were born here and really get excited when there is a little snow DUST on the porch. We have about 2 inches right now and it will be too cold for them to play in it tomorrow. Temps down to 12 and windchill ... well, it'll be too cold. We don't have gear for that kind of weather! We'll have to at least make snow angels and sled down the hill a time or two.