Menu

Tour de France

Has anyone gone to see some of the stages before? My dh is a cyclist and he would love to go and see some of the Alpine stages next year.

If anyone has any tips then please share. :bigear:

We are tossing around the idea of renting an RV, but I have no idea how difficult or easy this is to do in France.

Thanks so much.

Has anyone gone to see some of the stages before? My dh is a cyclist and he would love to go and see some of the Alpine stages next year.

If anyone has any tips then please share. :bigear:

We are tossing around the idea of renting an RV, but I have no idea how difficult or easy this is to do in France.

Thanks so much.

A fair number of people use campers and the like in Europe.

Beware of sticker shock on gas prices. We paid in the region of $9 per gallon in Poland. Not too sure of France but I think it is around $5.75 per gal.

Edited by pqr

We were living in a French city a few years ago, and the cyclists ended one of their days there. It really was something to see the pack fly by. There was definitely a carnival atmosphere, with lots of people crowded in to see them, and music and vendors and that sort of thing. The kids still talk about it.

Sorry I don't have any tips about the logistics of camping, etc. It won't be inexpensive, but I'm sure you'll have a good time.

ETA: Dh says to show up the day before, as the alpine stages can be very crowded.

Edited by jld