Menu

Good thing I took a shower this morning ...

My husband is leaving with our five olders (ages 17 down to 8), and I'm going to be home with our 4 and 2 year olds. I realized when I got up this morning that if I didn't shower before the rest of the family left, I probably wouldn't be able to since I couldn't leave them on their own for those 10 minutes ... it's been a long time since I've only had two such young ones under my care!

< Hoping I don't take off to run errands out of habit, leaving the two littles behind > :001_smile:

When my older two go somewhere I'm reminded how much they play with the little one. He is all over me demanding attention when they are not here.

My oldest daughter has two little one's of her own. When I visit and take my 15 year old daughter with me, my grand daughter who is turning 3 this week wants the attention of my 15 year old constantly. I forget how much attention my children needed when they were so little, until I go visit the 2 grandchildren.

When my kids were too young to be left alone while I took a shower, they sat in the bathroom while I showered.

Same here -- but it's been 12+ years since I've had to do that, LOL. So it was harder to imagine doing it again ....

Edited by milovaný

I can so relate to this. Especially when my twins were babies. When I have them it gave me 9 kids under 14. Six of those kids were all under age 8. Four under 4!! I remember well the first time I was left alone with the 2 babies and a couple toddlers. I couldn't get ANYTHING accomplished at all. I even felt like I didn't have a clue how to mother my children! It had been so long since I had to go it all alone. I definitely was a wreck by the time the rest of the family returned home!!

When I was talking to a friend years ago about her watching my kids (I had a 1yo and 3yo at the time) for a weekend, my question to her was, 'When are you going to take a shower?' That is the toughest thing to schedule with littles. If it doesn't happen before they wake up, you're stuck until nap time.