Menu

I need help on this one...

We have a really neat gal who comes into our home to teach my kids art and the things she gets out of my kids is AMAZING! They have a sketch book that they work in...it it bound by a spiral binding so it is altogther. I thought it would be neat if each kid had a small sampling of their work in a frame for the grandparents as a Christmas gift. Here is my problem. Do I take pictures from their sketch book for the frame (but then I won't have those), do I make colored copies and frame those (or keep those for myself)? I initially was wanting the kids to make new ones...but when our teacher was here yesterday, it all seemed so forced that the results weren't as good (I thought)...so what would you do??

I would go with the color copies, too, if you're planning to save the sketchbooks so your kids can look at them in the years to come.

Ultimately, it's really up to the kids. An "original" drawing or painting would probably be more appreciated by the grandparents, but if the kids hate the thought of tearing pages out of their sketchbooks, I'd go with the copies.

OTOH, Christmas is all about generosity and giving, so it might be a nice lesson to have the kids choose which drawing to remove from their books to give to their grandparents, even if it's not their first choice to do that.

When my parents were alive, ds used to spend a lot of time doing special paintings for them, and he didn't think the work in his regular sketchbooks was special enough.

Well, I've been no help at all.:glare:

Cat

we don't have a kinkos or any place like that very close to us...so that really isn't an option...UGH...I am really torn.

On Costco's website you can have photos printed onto canvas. It's $30 for an 8x10 and you can have it shipped to the recipient. Would something like that be an option?

On Costco's website you can have photos printed onto canvas. It's $30 for an 8x10 and you can have it shipped to the recipient. Would something like that be an option?

not really...due to cost...we have 3 kids and 2 sets of grandparents. THe frames I have has 3 slots for one picture from each child.