Menu

Can someone PLEASE tell my 8 yo to STOP...

Last night, after the kids went to bed, I heard my 7yo dd screaming hysterically. I seriously thought she had fallen out of her bunk bed and broken an arm or something - she was that hysterical. I went flying into the bedroom, didn't see any trauma. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "Aaron is MAKING me cry!!!!!!!!". I asked, "How?" and he stuck his head out, with a little grin and started singing, "I'm a gummi bear, I'm a gummi bear. Gummi, gummi , gummi, gummi, I'm a gummi bear!"

I just had to walk away!:blink::smilielol5:

We have a "no repeating" rule. And a backyard. :D

I'd love to implement a rule like that, but DS actually does this sort of thing when he's focusing really hard, as he was today on a complicated K'Nex model. It's his "thing" and I've asked him to stop in the past. But I've given up. :tongue_smilie:

Last night, after the kids went to bed, I heard my 7yo dd screaming hysterically. I seriously thought she had fallen out of her bunk bed and broken an arm or something - she was that hysterical. I went flying into the bedroom, didn't see any trauma. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "Aaron is MAKING me cry!!!!!!!!". I asked, "How?" and he stuck his head out, with a little grin and started singing, "I'm a gummi bear, I'm a gummi bear. Gummi, gummi , gummi, gummi, I'm a gummi bear!"

:lol::lol: I can SO see my older doing this to my younger.

...and started singing, "I'm a gummi bear, I'm a gummi bear. Gummi, gummi , gummi, gummi, I'm a gummi bear!"

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my 12 and 10 year olds still sing this song. :glare: Maybe yours will be tired of it by the time they're that age. :tongue_smilie:

I'd love to implement a rule like that, but DS actually does this sort of thing when he's focusing really hard, as he was today on a complicated K'Nex model. It's his "thing" and I've asked him to stop in the past. But I've given up. :tongue_smilie:

Gum. give him gum to help him concentrate. It works, and it's very hard to sing and chew gum at the same time! I keep ds suppled w/ lots of it.