Menu

Pandora bracelets?

So I discovered Pandora bracelets for the first time today. They are beautiful and have considered starting one for dd19. However, before starting this investment I wondered if they really are worth it. Are there other brands that are just as good but less pricey? I couldn't help feeling like I would be paying for the name instead of just the quality. The jewelry store I saw them at said they are not allowed to ever discount them. Thoughts/experiences?

I saw that thread but I was particularly interested in whether or not some people had non-Pandora bracelets and were just as happy as the Pandora people. :) I probably didn't word my question right. I am wondering if it

is like Longaberger baskets. To me a basket is a basket. While I'm sure there is some quality difference between a Longaberger basket and one I can buy at Michael's that just looks pretty, I just don't have the interest in baskets enough to be able to know the difference so I would never spend that much money on a basket to get a Longaberger and I would never miss it. However, perhaps the non-Pandora bracelets actually don't wear as well, or some charms break too easily or...

If there is an equally recommended type that has those beautiful beads I'd love to start one for dd. A Pandora bracelet with just 4 charms was going to run me close to $200. By the time we would get to the end of a bracelet it could easily add up to $1000 in a bracelet and I'm not sure I think it is worth that. While I don't want to waste money on something worthless, I think I am just looking for similar options if there are any.

I saw that thread but I was particularly interested in whether or not some people had non-Pandora bracelets and were just as happy as the Pandora people. :) I probably didn't word my question right. I am wondering if it

is like Longaberger baskets. To me a basket is a basket. While I'm sure there is some quality difference between a Longaberger basket and one I can buy at Michael's that just looks pretty, I just don't have the interest in baskets enough to be able to know the difference so I would never spend that much money on a basket to get a Longaberger and I would never miss it. However, perhaps the non-Pandora bracelets actually don't wear as well, or some charms break too easily or...

If there is an equally recommended type that has those beautiful beads I'd love to start one for dd. A Pandora bracelet with just 4 charms was going to run me close to $200. By the time we would get to the end of a bracelet it could easily add up to $1000 in a bracelet and I'm not sure I think it is worth that. While I don't want to waste money on something worthless, I think I am just looking for similar options if there are any.

Well, that thread was specifically asking about the quality of non-Pandora bracelets and charms. It was specifically comparing the Pandora and Brighton collections. Both of their websites describe the materials they use. If you were wondering about a different company and the level of quality, you would probably have to ask a more specific question.

In general? When it comes to jewelry? Higher quality materials and construction come at a higher cost.