Menu

Is there a language arts program similar to Math Mammoth?

mnemom

Math Mammoth has been working really well for my dd (5). I am afterschooling her right now and am hoping there is some type of Language Arts curriculum that is similar to Math Mammoth (i.e., something that is comprehensive, can be done in small chunks of time, and is self-explanatory and doesn't require constant parent help since I also have a toddler and am unable to sit for 20 minutes with her). I like how I can show her how to do the first problem on Math Mammoth and then she gets it and can finish the page on her own. I would like something that covers grammar, spelling, phonics and "the basics" of language arts. Reading and literature I am not as concerned about, since we do quite a bit of that at bedtime. I would love any recommendations!

We use and love CLE LA too but I wouldn't rec. it for a 5 yo. I like ACE for that age , but used one or two years ahead. They have a placement test . My 5 yo placed in the middle of 2nd grade. Very colorful cartoons, self explanatory , comprehensive workbooks . Christian content if you don't mind.

Does not include spelling though , you'd have to buy their separate Word Building. Not sure a 5 yo needs spelling though , I'd rather use something fun online , like http://www.bigiqkids.com , my 5 yo loves it.