Menu

I'm so excited!

I'm going to Dubai!

I posted about a year ago that some friend of dh want to pay for us to visit them in Dubai. Unfortunately, shortly after that, our landlord told us we had to move out, and finding a new home and moving took our attention. The trip was put to the side.

Well, the friend has been in contact again and wants us to visit in February! I'm so excited. I looked back at the old thread and all the great suggestions that were made. (Thank you to those of you who responded.) I want to prepare myself and the kids so that we have some knowledge of the history and culture of the area before we arrive.

I want to visit the Ibn Battuta Mall, so I want the kids to know a bit about his travels before we get there. I found this book... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Traveling-Man-Journey-Battuta-1325-1354/dp/0618432337/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291916106&sr=1-1. Have any of you seen it? Is it any good? Could you recommend a better book?

And are there any other books that you could recommend to give us an idea of the history and culture? I'll read through the SOTW chapters on Islam and Arabia and I'll find a book on the Arabian Nights stories. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!