Menu

Which e-reader do you have and

I have a Kindle and I love it. Absolutely love it. However, I did not choose or buy or for myself. If I had, I would have chosen the Nook so I could get books from the library. That, in my opinion, is the biggest drawback to the Kindle. I actually prefer to read books using the Kindle so when I've run out of reading material I do not always have the funds in the Kindle budget to buy more and while I always can read classics for free, classics are not always what I'm in the mood for. Sometimes I just want easy reading, mind candy. I really hope one day something can be done about Amazon and book lending.

I have a Kindle, and I really enjoy it. Since I'm not in the States, the Nook is not an option for me. But there's the Kobo. I really hesitated between the two. The Kobo is available at Walmart, supports standard ePub files (which the Kindle doesn't). The ePub file support is what allows an eReader to get books from a library.

I tried a few things, and I am now at a point where I can buy a book anywhere, and transfer it onto my Kindle. This is a grey area of the law, so you may or may not be ok with it. I did try to get a Kindle book onto a Kobo, and I can't. I spent about 2 weeks trying every evening. We were considering getting a Kobo for my husband, but that would mean he would not get access to the books I buy for the Kindle.

I have the Nook, and I love it! I did a lot of research before choosing the Nook...and after having it since May, I would still choose it over any other e-reader out there.

Like others have said, the ability to read other formats as well as the Lend Me and library capabilities make it the #1 choice for me.