Menu

Kathy in MD passed away March 30, 2010

I am posting this at the request of members who have been asking about Kathy in MD. I was sure that there was a post at the time but I've tried every search term that I could think of and have not come up with it.

This is the notice that her husband gave me on my Visitor Message page.

Jean in Newcastle:

Regret to inform you that Katherine Horn (Kathy in MD) passed away on 30 March 2010. She had been my good partner and companion for twenty-four years and is sorely missed by son Jonathan and me.

Bob McConnell (spouse)

I have greatly missed her wise posts.

I remember her. She had cancer which had went into remission and I think that I faintly remember that it had returned but I did not see the OP regarding her passing. That is horrible news. I will pray for her family and wish them solace in these difficult times. May she rest in peace. :angelsad2: (one smilie I had hoped I would never need to use)

I am posting this at the request of members who have been asking about Kathy in MD. I was sure that there was a post at the time but I've tried every search term that I could think of and have not come up with it.

This is the notice that her husband gave me on my Visitor Message page.

Jean in Newcastle:

Regret to inform you that Katherine Horn (Kathy in MD) passed away on 30 March 2010. She had been my good partner and companion for twenty-four years and is sorely missed by son Jonathan and me.

Bob McConnell (spouse)

I have greatly missed her wise posts.

Thanks for posting this, Jean.

I can't believe I missed this completely when it happened in March.

Glad you are re-posting.

I searched and searched last night, but couldn't find anything about it until Jean told me about her visitor message.

I don't remember her being ill. Did I miss that? Do you have any idea what happened?

In http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229165 this link with good news about another boardie who is fighting cancer, I put a few links that I found about Kathy in MD.

Several of us met her at the WTM conf. last year - she was a very nice woman. I have a couple of pictures of her in my photo album on my WTM personal info. page - she is the laughing woman in the white pants and red-n-white shirt. There are also some pictures of her in the WTM conf. social group - I will link it, but I'm not sure if everyone can see it. http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/group.php?groupid=95

Edited by Colleen in NS

I am so sad to hear this. I remember when she posted about the cancer coming back and her regret that she had ignored some symptoms. I was always so hopeful for her. It was obvious that things were not going well with her treatment, and yet, amazingly, she was curriculum planning for her children right until the end.

My heart goes out to her family.

Lisa

Several of us met her at the WTM conf. last year - she was a very nice woman. I have a couple of pictures of her in my photo album on my WTM personal info. page - she is the laughing woman in the white pants and red-n-white shirt. There are also some pictures of her in the WTM conf. social group - I will link it, but I'm not sure if everyone can see it. http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/group.php?groupid=95

Oh no! She was very, very nice at the conference. I remember meeting her and how friendly she was. I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Thank you for reminding me with the pictures.

Oh no! She was very, very nice at the conference. I remember meeting her and how friendly she was. I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Thank you for reminding me with the pictures.

Oh I'm glad you saw this, Jessica! I remember you sitting there in the cafe and having an involved conversation with her, while I listened in. :D

Oh I'm glad you saw this, Jessica! I remember you sitting there in the cafe and having an involved conversation with her, while I listened in. :D

I do remember her very well. I admit I was opening the pictures and thinking, "Please, please don't be someone I got the chance to talk to". Is that awful? As soon as I saw the laughing lady with white and pants and the red/white shirt, I was crushed. I just hate to hear this. I'm so sorry for her family. She was really nice.

I think it's magnified by the fact my exMIL passed away last night from sudden stage IV cancer after only finding it about a month and half ago. It seems to be everywhere in my eyes right now.

Again, I am just so sorry for her family. :grouphug:

P.S. Thank you for remembering me too Colleen. I definitely remember you. I enjoyed that trip SO much. I'd beg Peace Hill to do it again. :)

I am so very sorry to hear this. I, too, miss her wise posts and have wondered what happened to her. Thanks for letting us know, and my deepest sympathies to her family.