Menu

Washington, DC night tour?

Can anyone recommend a good night tour of the monuments? I've looked at several, but on reading the reviews...I can't make a decision. If it helps, the two that I'm most seriously considering are the DC on Board and Old Town Trolley tours. I like that DC on Board stops at more monuments, but I'm worried about losing the guide (appears that it is a fairly common occurrence). Old Town Trolley seems to have great reviews, but stops at fewer sites, and I don't know if you have time to wander around the monuments. Anyone btdt?

I don't know which one would be best. We live 1 hr west of DC and you don't want to be doing it anytime this week! It's 29 degrees tonight and walking around the monuments would be windy (Potomac and Tidal Basin kicks up a breeze). Brrr........ My dh works at the Capitol and the walk to the Metro has been miserable this week!

Shawna, our first night in D.C. we did the D.C. by Foot free walking tour of the monuments. We were there in July and I believe we ended at dusk. Our final evening, we went back out on our own and saw the memorials not covered in the More Than Memorial Tours. We loved our entire trip but seeing FDR's and Jefferson's memorial at night was moving. Lincoln's memorial is in a class by itself. The gentleman that lead our tour was a former teacher and my kids all agreed that they would have enjoyed being in his classes.

Have a wonderful trip.

We did the Monuments by Moonlight tour at the end of August. Our tour stopped at the Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and Iwo Jima Memorial. We also drove by many other monuments and buildings (including the Capitol and White House). The whole tour lasted about 2 hours. The tour guide was fantastic. He told us so much about each place and had funny stories to add! Washington DC is beautiful at night and we had a great time on this tour.

I'm taking my mom on the Monuments by Moonlight one by Old Trolley, the second week in January. Are you going after that?? I can let you know :)

We did the Monuments by Moonlight tour at the end of August. Our tour stopped at the Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and Iwo Jima Memorial. We also drove by many other monuments and buildings (including the Capitol and White House). The whole tour lasted about 2 hours. The tour guide was fantastic. He told us so much about each place and had funny stories to add! Washington DC is beautiful at night and we had a great time on this tour.

Thanks. It sounds like the Monuments by Moonlight by Old Town Trolley is probably our best bet. We are going the 19-21 of Dec., so I'll try to remember to let you know what we think of it.