Menu

Question about homeschooling in Wisconsin

Dh may have a job offer there soon.

In WI, can a homeschooled student take classes part-time in a public school? Are there cyber schools in WI? (We don't have either of these options where we currently live.)

Not sure if there are state regulations that govern these things, or if it depends on the individual district.

Thanks for your help. :)

There are several virtual academies that operate in Wisconsin. The ability to take courses, I believe, depends on the individual school district though. Our district allows high school homeschoolers to take up to two courses but they have to register with the district to do so. A really good source for homeschooling in Wisconsin is the Wisconsin Parents Association (WPA). It produces a great handbook for homeschooling families. Here's a link:http://www.homeschooling-wpa.org.

There are several virtual academies that operate in Wisconsin. The ability to take courses, I believe, depends on the individual school district though. Our district allows high school homeschoolers to take up to two courses but they have to register with the district to do so. A really good source for homeschooling in Wisconsin is the Wisconsin Parents Association (WPA). It produces a great handbook for homeschooling families. Here's a link:http://www.homeschooling-wpa.org.

I'll check this out.

Yep, it's up to each district to decide. Ours does not allow any support to homeschoolers.

On the other hand, in my area, homeschooling is very popular, and there are a number of homeschool groups.

This is good to know!

Thanks, ladies. :)

There are several virtual academies that operate in Wisconsin. The ability to take courses, I believe, depends on the individual school district though. Our district allows high school homeschoolers to take up to two courses but they have to register with the district to do so. A really good source for homeschooling in Wisconsin is the Wisconsin Parents Association (WPA). It produces a great handbook for homeschooling families. Here's a link:www.homeschooling-wpa.org.

:iagree:

I know your questions have already been answered, but had to post anyway!

Our school district allows it, and I have friends in 2 other towns within 30 miles of us, who's dc also take classes at the local school.

I also have 2 friends who's dc do the Virtual School.

What area might you be moving to?:001_smile:

At the moment virtual schools have a capped number of students, so if that is interesting to you I would recommend contacting them as soon as possible.

A few rural public schools also have their own 'virtual' schools. They fund materials (parents choose and buy...even religious), do testing, and check records. They also allow participation in gym and art. This is still very rare though.

I know your questions have already been answered, but had to post anyway!

Our school district allows it, and I have friends in 2 other towns within 30 miles of us, who's dc also take classes at the local school.

I also have 2 friends who's dc do the Virtual School.

What area might you be moving to?:001_smile:

Green Bay or Appleton.