Menu

Building Thinking Skills & MindBenders

So, I'm looking at Building Thinking Skills 1 & MindBenders Beginning 2 for my son for next year. (6/7yo, 1st grade.) I'm looking to get them both for the computer. (This will be his first time doing anything on the computer.) Are these good levels? He is sharp, he is doing 1st grade work this year, next year most items will be 2nd grade. I am not familiar with these programs at all, but would love some feedback if those levels sound right for his age? Is it overkill to do both programs? Are they fun?

Edited by Guest

So, I'm looking at Building Thinking Skills 1 & MindBenders Beginning 2 for my son for next year. (6/7yo, 1st grade.) I'm looking to get them both for the computer. (This will be his first time doing anything on the computer.) Are these good levels? He is sharp, he is doing 1st grade work this year, next year most items will be 2nd grade. I am not familiar with these programs at all, but would love some feedback if those levels sound right for his age? Is it overkill to do both programs? Are they fun?

My only input on this is that we've been very unimpressed with the Building Thinking Skills software. My kids refuse to use it because it's so frustrating. I finally sat down and tried it too and agreed with them. Unless they've updated it recently (and it doesn't look like they have from the website), it runs slowly and it forces you to go through silly steps to choose the correct answer. I very much wish I had purchased the book instead.