Menu

Update on Colleen in SEVA (breast cancer)

I have been horrible at keeping in touch with Colleen except for reading her Facebook posts. I'm sorry for not updating anyone here. Honestly, I've simply been wrapped up in my own selfishness.

These are her own words:

I have been feeling ok, still very fatigued but otherwise well. My last chemo is in 5 days, I can't believe it. The tumor has shrunk to the point the doctor can no longer feel it . I am very thankful.

She is also seeing a plastic surgeon for reconstruction.

PS -- Thank you Kalanamak for urging me to update.

Edited by nestof3

I have been horrible at keeping in touch with Colleen except for reading her Facebook posts. I'm sorry for not updating anyone here. Honestly, I've simply been wrapped up in my own selfishness.

These are her own words:

She is also seeing a plastic surgeon for reconstruction.

PS -- Thank you Kalanamak for urging me to update.

I've read her blog periodically, but haven't in awhile - glad to see this news! Esp. since I met both of you in Virginia.

Has anyone heard from Kathy in MD?

She passed away earlier in the year. Her husband contacted me and then posted the information on the board.

But this!! Oh my!!! Carol, wasn't she at the Virginia conference, too?? I had no idea - what did she die from?? I really enjoyed talking with her one evening, too!!! Jean, do you have a link to her husband's post?

But this!! Oh my!!! Carol, wasn't she at the Virginia conference, too?? I had no idea - what did she die from?? I really enjoyed talking with her one evening, too!!! Jean, do you have a link to her husband's post?

I cannot find the link to her husband's post but I did find this one. http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153854&highlight=crying

Her husband later contacted me by PM because I was listed as her friend on her member page. I thought he had made a general announcement but I could be wrong.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle

Yes, she was there--is this the same one though? I'm not sure. Kathy in MD had just one son, who was 13 or 14 when we were at the Virginia conference. The posting says 'kids'--I just don't know.

I heard that she posted that she had breast cancer and then never posted again, but I looked for that posting and never could find it. So I've been keeping an eye out for her.

She was great, if it is the same lady as at the VA conference, and her son must be just devastated--he was adopted, and had some challenges. She was planning to homeschool through high school. I hope he's OK.

Yes, she was there--is this the same one though? I'm not sure. Kathy in MD had just one son, who was 13 or 14 when we were at the Virginia conference. The posting says 'kids'--I just don't know.

I heard that she posted that she had breast cancer and then never posted again, but I looked for that posting and never could find it. So I've been keeping an eye out for her.

She was great, if it is the same lady as at the VA conference, and her son must be just devastated--he was adopted, and had some challenges. She was planning to homeschool through high school. I hope he's OK.

If you go to my page and look at my visitor message on page 2, there is a post to me from her husband notifying me of her death.

I cannot find the link to her husband's post but I did find this one. http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153854&highlight=crying

Her husband later contacted me by PM because I was listed as her friend on her member page. I thought he had made a general announcement but I could be wrong.

Yeah, that is hard to tell - it could be the associate pastor's wife's kids?

I can't tell if Jean's link is about the same person from the conference. But Kathy in MD from the conference did have health issues:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52694&highlight=kathy+md+brain

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1375893&postcount=186

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9994&highlight=harsh#post9994 (scroll through the whole thread to see Kathy's posts)

If it is her, it makes me sad. She is one of the main faces that pops up in my mind when I think about that conference - I remember sitting in that cafe and listening to her talk about her son. She was just SO nice!! And encouraging to the rest of us. I have some pictures of her, too. I think one is on my WTM personal page. Bummer, cuz I did check her posts a few months ago, thinking I'd like to contact her, and saw that she hadn't posted in a long time.

Dawn, I'm sorry to hijack this thread - I was just so shocked to read about Kathy in MD. I am so glad Colleen is getting better!!!!

Edited by Colleen in NS

If you go to my page and look at my visitor message on page 2, there is a post to me from her husband notifying me of her death.

Awww, that is definitely the same woman I met in Virginia. :crying: But it can't be the woman in the post you linked (see the dates of each announcement). I wonder who that was?

Edited by Colleen in NS

Awww, that is definitely the same woman I met in Virginia. :crying: But it can't be the woman in the post you linked. I wonder who that was?

Yes, it is the same one, clearly. Her last name is familiar to me, although I did not recall it before I saw it written down. Doggone it all. This is really sad. I wonder how her son is doing.