Menu

I am so disappointed

I posted b4 that me, DH, and 3 kids got a 9 day stomach flu from Thanksgiving. Well, right after that my lungs started to hurt and I was so exhausted. Went to doc yesterday, I have bad bronchitis, possible pneumonia. I have asthma too so it really sucks when I get lung things.

Anyways..the sucky part is...I was supposed to fly to New York tomorrow to go to my cousins wedding. So not only have the last 2 weeks sucked big time, now I miss out on this event I have had planned for a year. I rarely get to see my cousins and I am SO sad that I am going to miss out on the wedding and fun weekend. :crying: I specifically got a flu shot for the first time ever this year with this wedding in mind and I go ahead and get stupid bronchitis. lovely.

Edited by kwickimom
typo

I posted b4 that me, DH, and 3 kids got a 9 day stomach flu from Thanksgiving. Well, right after that my lungs started to hurt and I was so exhausted. Went to doc yesterday, I have bad bronchitis, possible pneumonia. I have asthma too so it really sucks when I get lung things.

Anyways..the sucky part is...I was supposed to fly to New York tomorrow to go to my cousins wedding. So not only have the last 2 weeks sucked big time, now I miss out on this event I have had planned for a year. I rarely get to see my cousins and I am SO sad that I am going to miss out on the wedding and fun weekend. :crying: I specifically got a flu shot for the first time ever this year with this wedding in mind and I go ahead and get stupid bronchi****. lovely.

:grouphug:

Guest CarolineUK

:grouphug: So sorry. I remember you mentioning earlier in the year how you'd planned and budgeted for this wedding, and how important your cousins are to you. Life's so unfair sometimes.

I'll be praying that both your health and luck improve soon.

I don't know what the heck is going on this year, but all too many people are getting bronchitis! I'm really sorry you're going through this. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I agree about the bronchitis. I got it this summer for the first time in over 15 years and it lingered forEVER. Ugh.

The major sucky thing is...I rarely get sick! Every other time my family hass had the stomach flu, I dont get it. And I havent had bronchitis in like 10 years. This is like 2 really bad sicknesses to get me this year and I eat healthier than ever, exercise, and take vitamins. Its kind of creepy.

Plus add the fact that they had to give me Augmentin which I get crappy side effects from. BLAH

:grouphug: So sorry you have to miss the wedding There is a nasty bronchitis bug going around. I haven't had bronchitis in 18 yrs. and I got it several weeks ago. I still have days when I think it's coming back. It's bad. The only thing that helped was the advair my doc prescribed, but I had to quit taking it because it made me itch like crazy! Personally, I think it's more than bronchitis-some weird strain of bug....:grouphug: I hope you feel better soon!

No refund :-(

I could, for $150 fee, use it within the next year on another flight :glare: My ticket was only $180.

That's awful! Did you speak with a supervisor and offer to have your doctor fax them a note that describes your illness? People fake illness all the time to try to get refunds, so offering them a real doctor's note could make all the difference between getting your refund and being out $180.

Usually, doctors' notes work, even at the last minute. If you're feeling up to it, please try again. You'll get a different person every time you call, and all it takes is one sympathetic customer service rep.

Cat