Menu

Article written by homeschooler.......

Seriously? I know plenty of young gentlemen who know how to be polite and treat a lady on a date. The whole "paying the bill" thing makes me think that she doesn't give off an aura of expecting to be respected and treated well.

If she doesn't know this guy well enough to realize that he has a girlfriend, why was she going to dinner with him?

She has some serious issues but I can't say they are homeschooling induced.

Exactly. Also, this was published in her college paper. You know, intended audience and all . . .

So her complaint is that she was taught that men should treat women well and with respect, and that she doesn't own designer clothes?:tongue_smilie: That is why homeschooling did not prepare her for "real life". I wonder what she will write in another 10 years, or 20?

I do think that as homeschoolers we need to be intentional about getting our children ready for the "real" world, but I didn't think that included designer clothes.

What?! All I can say, is I hope her article was written tongue-in-cheek, because I cannot come up with the slightest connection between being homeschooled and expecting your dates to behave in a polite manner. Or the moral of the story is: treat everyone like cr@p because that is how they treat you. :confused: