Menu

Need a chicken pot pie recipe that makes its own crust & uses canned chicken...

I make one with canned biscuits for the top. Boil chicken, debone(if boned), chop up, add diced boiled potatoes, diced cooked veggies (I usually add a can of carrots and peas, add a can of cream of chicken soup, cover with biscuits and bake until brown on top, usually at 350 for 30-40 min. You can also mix up a biscuit mix and use that.

THT

I make one with canned biscuits for the top. Boil chicken, debone(if boned), chop up, add diced boiled potatoes, diced cooked veggies (I usually add a can of carrots and peas, add a can of cream of chicken soup, cover with biscuits and bake until brown on top, usually at 350 for 30-40 min. You can also mix up a biscuit mix and use that.

THT

I don"t have canned biscuits and am trying to use the food we have in preparation for a 10-day vacation.

make a gravy or roux with chicken broth. Pour that over the veggies and chicken. now mix 1 cup flour 1.5 tsp baking powder and .5 tsp salt in a bowl. Mix in one stick of melted butter and enough milk to make a soft dough. Drop by spoonfuls over top of the gravy and veggies. Bake at 350 till browned on top (usually takes me about 30 minutes if I remember correctly)

this is one I've been using for years, my family loves it. It is for refrigerated biscuits, but I would think you could make some from a mix or from scratch and use those.

Vegetable and chicken pot pie

1 tb margarine or butter

1 cup chopped celery

1 (10 1/2 oz ) can condensed cream of chicken soup

1/2 cup milk

1/2 tsp. pepper

1 (16 oz bag frozen vegetables-combination broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) thawed

1 1/2 cups cooked, cubed chicken

1 (10oz) can refrigerated biscuits

in large skillet, melt margarine. Add celery and stir over medium high heat till crisp-tender. Stir in vegetables and chicken, heat through. spoon into 12 x 8 baking dish.

heat oven to 375 degrees. separate dough into 10 biscuits. cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. arrange biscuits over hot filling. bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.

my notes:

I use fresh veggies, I use broccoli, celery and carrots. When I crisp the celery in butter, I like to use rosemary with it, yum. I sometimes use canned chicken, it works, but I do prefer fresh-cooked. I double the sauce, and because I use fresh-cooked chicken, I probably use more chicken. The biscuits, I do different things with, depending on what I have/mood.

:001_smile: