Menu

re: Aspergers thread

I just wanted everyone with children with Aspergers to try to find out of there is a meet-up group in your area where you can meet other families who deal with similar issues, and where the kids can make connections. Please check out:

http://aspergers.meetup.com/

Sometimes the best friends we can make for our kids, or each other, are the people who are walking the same journey as us. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I have not tried these as I don' thave kids with AS, but I would try them in a heartbeat if I did. I have friends with AS kids and I have a family member with it.

I just wanted everyone with children with Aspergers to try to find out of there is a meet-up group in your area where you can meet other families who deal with similar issues, and where the kids can make connections. Please check out:

Sometimes the best friends we can make for our kids, or each other, are the people who are walking the same journey as us. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I have not tried these as I don' thave kids with AS, but I would try them in a heartbeat if I did. I have friends with AS kids and I have a family member with it.

Good idea! Thanks!

CARD (The Center for Autism and Related Disabilities) also offers some types of social interaction opportunities for Aspies too. Some structured and some very unstructured like park play dates. We did a few of them, my dd still didn't make any friends, but she had fun while she was there. :)

We've tried a couple of these groups. Our county has a very large and active Autism Support group with multiple monthly activities for kids with Aspergers and HFA. My son, however, feels like the other kids are more affected than he is, and it makes him uncomfortable. And for my daughter, there are never enough girls, just rowdy boys that make her upset with all their noise and commotion.

Just like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, "Even among misfits, we're misfits!" LOL