Menu

Idea for "Adoption" shower

My friend is having a large adoption shower right after Christmas. They are adopting two kids. I need some inexpensive but meaningful gift ideas. I would love to buy them a ton of neat stuff, but alas, I have no money, especially the week after Christmas. I contemplated not going because I really can't afford anything. But, I really need to go - I just have no idea what to give, something that's cheap and for two kids. (Ages 3 & 4, both boys) Ideas?

How about games? Hi-Ho Cherry-O and the like are usually around $5-7 this time of year?

I did think of a game . . . this family has two other kids, so I wasn't sure what they have and I wasn't sure how the kids would do with this being an international adoption. I still have that high on my list, though. . . gift receipts are my friend, lol....

My friend is having a large adoption shower right after Christmas. They are adopting two kids. I need some inexpensive but meaningful gift ideas. I would love to buy them a ton of neat stuff, but alas, I have no money, especially the week after Christmas. I contemplated not going because I really can't afford anything. But, I really need to go - I just have no idea what to give, something that's cheap and for two kids. (Ages 3 & 4, both boys) Ideas?

Well, I see you have a son 5. She's adopting 2 boys who are younger. Why not "hand down" some of your ds's clothes that he's outgrown. Fold them nicely...bundle them with a fancy blue ribbon. Same for coats, shoes, toys, books, etc. I don't think extra pressure is necessary. My friend did this for me. She did not buy me anything....she gave me some of her dd's things.

If there is a Goodwill and/or Habitat for Humanity store you could look for something there, but again those items are pre-owned.

You could add to your gift if you wanted to by buying a couple $ Tree items.

Lastly, top it off by baking the boys their favorite cookie.

I would suggest making a few casseroles that can be frozen, maybe a baked spaghetti, lasagna or cheeseburger mac, anything kid friendly. I'm always so grateful when I don't have to cook and two young children may be a bigger adjustment than a newborn.

Peace,

Rene